Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems quite strange to have back to back gold finds to post, I guess I'm on a roll! Had company today, so I only had a couple hours to blow once they left. I noticed a park that I had somehow missed all this time, and it's close to home, so I gave it a quick look. At first it seemed like a very clean park, no trash, no clad, not even pennies! But I kept at it, and about 25 minutes in I started finding clad. Once I hit the right area there were lots of targets. Concentrating on the mid tones as I've been doing recently, and only picking dimes and quarters if they were shallow, I hit this big sounding 51-52 on the Simplex. Thats typically a big piece of can slaw or vape pen or such. probed it at less than two inches so I dug a small plug and BLAM!
18g of 10K Mexico gold!
17oct21 hunt1.jpeg

17oct21 hunt2.jpeg

The whole hunt in a pic.
17oct21 hunt3.jpeg

I've been fascinated with the Fugios being found on here, and just told my wife "there's a coin I'm sure I'll never find". Well, I think this faux fugio is about as close as I'll probably come. I had to chuckle out loud!
The old pull tab can lid was kinda odd, never opened and the can rotted away.

17oct21 hunt4.jpeg

17oct21 hunt5.jpeg

17oct21 hunt6.jpeg

17oct21 hunt7.jpeg

I feel like I've been really lucky lately, and I don't take it for granted. When the lucky streak fades, I'll just have to dig deeper for ideas and that's okay! But in the meantime, woohoo!

Upvote 15

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems quite strange to have back to back gold finds to post, I guess I'm on a roll! Had company today, so I only had a couple hours to blow once they left. I noticed a park that I had somehow missed all this time, and it's close to home, so I gave it a quick look. At first it seemed like a very clean park, no trash, no clad, not even pennies! But I kept at it, and about 25 minutes in I started finding clad. Once I hit the right area there were lots of targets. Concentrating on the mid tones as I've been doing recently, and only picking dimes and quarters if they were shallow, I hit this big sounding 51-52 on the Simplex. Thats typically a big piece of can slaw or vape pen or such. probed it at less than two inches so I dug a small plug and BLAM!
18g of 10K Mexico gold!
View attachment 1985865
View attachment 1985866

The whole hunt in a pic.
View attachment 1985868

I've been fascinated with the Fugios being found on here, and just told my wife "there's a coin I'm sure I'll never find". Well, I think this faux fugio is about as close as I'll probably come. I had to chuckle out loud!

View attachment 1985870
View attachment 1985871
View attachment 1985872
View attachment 1985873

I feel like I've been really lucky lately, and I don't take it for granted. When the lucky streak fades, I'll just have to dig deeper for ideas and that's okay! But in the meantime, woohoo!
You are doing great congratulations on your recoveries

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18g of 10K Mexico gold!
View attachment 1985865
View attachment 1985866

The whole hunt in a pic.
View attachment 1985868

View attachment 1985870
View attachment 1985871
View attachment 1985872
View attachment 1985873

Sweet Yellow Nectar!!! Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18g of 10K Mexico gold!
View attachment 1985865
View attachment 1985866

The whole hunt in a pic.
View attachment 1985868

View attachment 1985870
View attachment 1985871
View attachment 1985872
View attachment 1985873

Well Done and nice gold

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
18g of 10K Mexico gold!
View attachment 1985865
View attachment 1985866

The whole hunt in a pic.
View attachment 1985868

View attachment 1985870
View attachment 1985871
View attachment 1985872
View attachment 1985873

great hunt and great finds, love silver but really love that gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread