Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like these pictures, DHaze---are the carvings/letters inside that rock shelter? The last picture is really something---wonder what that symbol is in front of the # sign? Have you metal detected around this place?
I'm sure the experts will be along to help you out---there used to be people on here all the time making comments and suggestions.....I don't know what's happened?!

Don't give up!!

OP
OP
D

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No carvings inside the small cave I did find a axe head but it had been moved due to a cave in. Have md the site abit found horseshoe axehead parts of old cast iron stove pocket knife and steel ring with cold links under a rock (axe and ring links are on the what is it forum). Yes that symbol is odd there was an old stage road here Somewhere! LOL Stay tuned.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This forum gets really QUIET on the weekend..........every weekend.
DHaze, I'm thinking that those letters and signs are more associated with some outlawry activities. You mentioned a stagecoach road was close by. Is there a navigatable river close by, too? Do some research into this area with particular attention to crimes committed over the last 300 years or so. What kind of natural resources are found in this area? Gold, silver, copper, iron, tin, etc. I have read that some KGC members formed small gangs and robbed stages and trains and would use that booty to build up a vault in an area close by.

Those letters just don't seem to have the "lovers-putting-their-initials-on-the-rock" look. They appear to be letters put there for some other reason and not idle scribbling either. Take photos close enough for details, but far enough back to get them in their groupings. That will make it easier for you to review and work with at home.......where it's WARM. LOL

When you find anymore metal items; try not to disturb them when you uncover them. If the KGC were responsible for these things, each buried item will be arranged to give a direction........to more signs or buried stuff. Leave the items exactly where and HOW you find them because if this is a cache situation, you may have to double back to a spot for more checking and cross referencing. Be sure to rebury anything after you see what direction it's giving you. If you can get a topographic map of this area, get it. The older, the better. Keep track on a map (at least a self made map) of where everything is found and what it is and what direction info it may give you.

This may be nothing......OR it could be a big SOMETHING. Too early to tell yet. Do your research to include the Masons and Scottish Rites Temples. There were some Masons neck deep in the KGC activities. A good book to read about the KGC and sentinals would be the one written by Bob Brewer titled, "Rebel Gold". Some folks think he's full of .......stuff and others say he knows what he's talking about. Texas Jay and RebelKGC are two good sources for info on this forum. They used to be on the KGC section quite a bit.

EDIT: There have been some things found in the west and southwest that leads some folks to believe that the KGC discovered the Spanish treasure trails and followed some to conclusion and reburied their finds after altering many signs on the trails to fit their own needs. They used some of the same symbols and signs that the Spanish used on their trails, so just because someone in the east, south, or midwest finds some Spanish treasure signs does not necessarily mean the vandals from Spain put them there.

Last edited:

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No carvings inside the small cave I did find a axe head but it had been moved due to a cave in. Have md the site abit found horseshoe axehead parts of old cast iron stove pocket knife and steel ring with cold links under a rock (axe and ring links are on the what is it forum). Yes that symbol is odd there was an old stage road here Somewhere! LOL Stay tuned.
All of these iron objects are common at KGC sites and were put there for a reason. They would have led you to your next clue, not the treasure itself mind you, but the next in what would be several clues. When I first started I made the also made the mistake of picking up the items...big mistake. Each link on the chain represents a distance, horseshoe more than likely directional. Sometimes there will be just a tiny notch cut on an iron object...that gives you direction. Have fun...Steve

OP
OP
D

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without puting pen to paper (on topo map) the horseshoe which I did rite (photos etc.) was inline with the chain altho I didnt count links it is still there. The blaze on the tree (axe sign) was inline with the axe head which mother nature moved (??? maybe) and stove parts (was a large amount buried shallow across a dry creek) was inline with the wall where hundreds of names etc are located. Keep in mind these are ALL within a 1/16 to 1/8 mile if that. So most likely measured in chains??? IDK
If you havent been here already Symbols.com has tons of info.
Thanks for all the help and Oh yeah Stevesno Its Fun. I have already got a ton of treasure ie. local history and stories (???) Had a friend tell me a few weeks ago Jesse James was in this area a quick email to local historian and YES he was here and the gang. Also after frank was pardoned he was a starter for some local horse races in the area. Look out we may just put another chapter in the JJ book!

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS, hit it in the head. Looks like KGC.

Swing, swing, swing...:metaldetector:

larryg

Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a lot of numbers and compass degrees some reversals . some carvings look much older than others .may be 3 different time periods.horseshoe = left over hump between 2 pinnacles ? the dots above and below the 2 W"s don"t know how to figure those.the #sign I haven"t seen before . the bell symbol below the triangle ,should mean treasure !I"m not much help .But these are extremely interesting . Agree some look like could be KGC. I"ll keep watching your post to see how this all adds up, larryg

OP
OP
D

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like these pictures, DHaze---are the carvings/letters inside that rock shelter? The last picture is really something---wonder what that symbol is in front of the # sign? Have you metal detected around this place?
I'm sure the experts will be along to help you out---there used to be people on here all the time making comments and suggestions.....I don't know what's happened?!

Don't give up!!
The # sign can mean intersection

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you are alive userntfnd. Hope is all well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions