More Silver

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the local GW just now, found some sterling spoons, of course they put 1 sterling spoon in each $2 bag of flatware, so i had to buy them all, ended up with 6 sterling spoond, nearly full service for 6 JA Henkles 18/10, and a bunch of Community Plate Junk, also picked up Empire sugar and creamer, but there was no lid.

20180424_185000.jpg
20180424_185022.jpg
20180424_184719.jpg
20180424_184731.jpg
20180424_184347.jpg

Anyone know this maker ? I tried a quick search, will have to dig deeper when i get home tonight i guess.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds on the silver. Still amazes me you guys find silver and gold at Goodwill stores. That never happens around here. Never dismiss good stainless flatware either. I've sold 3 sets in the past month.

Great job on the silver finds!!

Can you recommend some good flatware brands to be on the lookout for? I have been searching for sterling at my local shops, but do not know what to look for with stainless...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the silver finds!!

Can you recommend some good flatware brands to be on the lookout for? I have been searching for sterling at my local shops, but do not know what to look for with stainless...
Let me start by saying that most of my buys come from garage sales and such. I haven't really ever bought flatware at a thrift store. I don't look for any particular brands. If it's cheap, in good condition and I can make a full set of some type out of it I'll buy it. I don't buy single pieces or anything. Made in the USA, Japan, WMF Germany is also good. Basically anything older that doesn't say made in china on it. The pattern has to be something other than plain jane too.

zombieraccoon - I doubt that Empire sugar ever had a lid.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me start by saying that most of my buys come from garage sales and such. I haven't really ever bought flatware at a thrift store. I don't look for any particular brands. If it's cheap, in good condition and I can make a full set of some type out of it I'll buy it. I don't buy single pieces or anything. Made in the USA, Japan, WMF Germany is also good. Basically anything older that doesn't say made in china on it. The pattern has to be something other than plain jane too.

zombieraccoon - I doubt that Empire sugar ever had a lid.

I will take of this much appreciated info and add it to my notes. Thank you, and thank you zombie for the help!

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread