More storm surge = more silver at the beach!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the most recent hurricane had been "downgraded" before churning up the northeast Florida coast, it produced enough storm surge to really move the beach sand. I went back to my favorite "coin beach", but found that all but a small section had more sand deposited then when I last visited. I followed the path of the storm surge and found an area where the wave action had lost momentum and worked a small area there. It did produce a few good finds!
All Finds.JPG

My Best finds were:

6 Wheat Pennies (1944, 1944, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1958)
3 Silver Roosevelt Dimes (1947, 1954, 1964)
1 Silver Washington Quarter (1964)
1 Silver Walking Liberty Half Dollar (1942)

The half dollar was clearly the best find of the day. I have only found three in my time detecting, and all have come from this same beach. This one, though somewhat "wiped", has the most detail of the ones I have found.

Below is a picture of the silver coins, post-cleaning.

Silver Coins Post-Cleaning.JPG

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, and may your next hunt bring you joy!

Upvote 45

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Although the most recent hurricane had been "downgraded" before churning up the northeast Florida coast, it produced enough storm surge to really move the beach sand. I went back to my favorite "coin beach", but found that all but a small section had more sand deposited then when I last visited. I followed the path of the storm surge and found an area where the wave action had lost momentum and worked a small area there. It did produce a few good finds!
View attachment 2055395

My Best finds were:

6 Wheat Pennies (1944, 1944, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1958)
3 Silver Roosevelt Dimes (1947, 1954, 1964)
1 Silver Washington Quarter (1964)
1 Silver Walking Liberty Half Dollar (1942)

The half dollar was clearly the best find of the day. I have only found three in my time detecting, and all have come from this same beach. This one, though somewhat "wiped", has the most detail of the ones I have found.

Below is a picture of the silver coins, post-cleaning.

View attachment 2055399

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, and may your next hunt bring you joy!
Sweet walker, looking at that fishing lure and round lead weight makes me think you saltwater hunters sure deal with some big fishing tackle must fill up the trash pouch quick some days, nice digs!

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet walker, looking at that fishing lure and round lead weight makes me think you saltwater hunters sure deal with some big fishing tackle must fill up the trash pouch quick some days, nice digs!
Yes, the pouch does fill up quickly! The aluminum cans and pull tabs aren’t so bad, but the fishing sinkers add up pretty quickly. I try to periodically seek out people fishing and give the sinkers away to them. We both end up happier that way!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, the pouch does fill up quickly! The aluminum cans and pull tabs aren’t so bad, but the fishing sinkers add up pretty quickly. I try to periodically seek out people fishing and give the sinkers away to them. We both end up happier that way!
good thinking best 'o luck to ya

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread