More treasure found...1733 pillar dollar !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hoooo !! Resized_20210609_104804.jpeg Resized_20210609_104809.jpeg back in February i found a bunch of treasure coins...it was a high moment in my treasure hunting career. But there was the bittersweet fact that much more sand with the treasure in it was being hauled off and dumped somewhere. I tried for about 3 weeks to track this sand down and finally gave up on hunting it down and told myself...thats it, the treasure laden sand is gone. Well during the whole dig over the period of 3 days I became friends with road crew that was doing the work for the county. I bought them beers and got to know these guys....they shared the excitement with islamoradamark and myself and we all shared something special. I have kept in touch with these guys and today they called me with that photo !! They were loading sand from the company yard and found this in the sand along with a small cannon ball !! They only took a small amount of the sand to keywest to use in there cement batch plant....well if that coin came out of that sand they got the best loads down there on site

SO....Im trying to get down there after hours and help these guys get some more coins....I told them I would go and hunt for nothing...I will give all the coins found to them....I just want to find some and get the story documented and take the pics for you guys here at treasurenet !! Woooo hoooo !! The coins aren't lost !! The treasure sand has been found !!

Here's the original video of islamoradamark and I finding coins in February!! and now 3+months later that sand that was hauled off is still giving up treasure coins !! And not just regular cobb eights, but very rare and highly sought after 1733 milled eight reales....the treasure gods are smiling on me, and im gonna get a second shot at these wonderful treasures. Im so happy for those guys...the boss wanted to buy one from me and I refused....I told him to hunt the sand and get one for himself, and he did !! Just incredible !! Maybe there will be more ??

Thanks for looking and remember it can happen at any moment and today might be your day !! Happy hunting everyone !!

Upvote 2

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! And all by being friendly and sharing a few beers. There are lessons here...

Thanks for sharing.

Banner worthy

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty amazing guys....I must state i didn't find this latest coin a friend did....I just made sure they looked. Plus I couldn't fit another banner up there anyway....im blessed to be up there already !! Thanks for the nod though guys !! Hopefully I'll find even more...im not sure but im thinking ill be able to spread the sand and give it a thorough search !! I have had a Spanish treasure high that just won't fade....just an incredible year for me and I don't think I'm done yet....2021 baby !! Woooo hoooo !!

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible to put this up for both Honorable Mention and Banner??!! Wow. You have nailed it with the treasure coins!!!

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Save!!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Living the dream! Good luck on the spread hunt!!!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

Attachments

• untFFitled.jpg
    untFFitled.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 476

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING! Please show a side-view! (If it has writing around the rim)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it possible to put this up for both Honorable Mention and Banner??!! Wow. You have nailed it with the treasure coins!!!

When it rains it pours....im in full treasure coin melt down right now. Its funny how after you get some treasure that it might be a better feeling helping someone else get there first coin...I've been trying to make sure they keep there eyes open at the sand and fill plant....he wanted to buy my 1733 so badly, and I just didn't want to sell such a rare treasure coin from the 1733 fleet disaster here in the keys. 20210609_154648.jpg i ware my coin every day now, so I kept deflecting his offers to buy with comments like "let's go find some more" and "keep looking buddy they got to be there" now he has his dream coin in his hand, and he got it himself....so much more satisfying !! And if he wants to sell it ive put him in contact with someone who will buy it in its as dug state....the only one in existence in as dug condition as far as I know !! So stoked for him !! Woooo hoooo

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Save!!
Thank you efranks...it really is an incredible save....3 months have passed , and the sand is 100 miles from where it originally came from. It felt sickening to see that sand get hauled away in dumptrucks....I finally just kept calling them and saying keep your eyes open boys...don't forget about the treasure. They kept saying well there's only a few truckloads down here in key west!!

A FEW TRUCK LOADS !! There could be hundreds of coins in there. They got a canonn ball too !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living the dream! Good luck on the spread hunt!!!!!

I just slapped myself and it stung like hell....its not a dream xr7ator !! Thanks and happy hunting !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'm having a pretty good year and I should post a hunt that netted me two SLQ's with some extra goodies...but, man.......no comparison at all.
I had dreams in the 1980's about living where you do and doing what you're doing.

I sure hope you post again on this subject! HH ALL

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING! Please show a side-view! (If it has writing around the rim)

Shakakka....just the most mind blowing details on these coins....this is the exquisite laurel leaf edge detail that these early milled 8 reales are known for....the coin design is a masterful one and so well executed with the early screw press !! Cheers mate !! This is 2 out of 3 found at this site !! Wow !! 20210609_161350.jpg
Got so excited I forgot the picture !!:laughing7:

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad that these coins are being rescued, I just hope the finder appreciates the story and history behind the coin like you do.....it's much more than JUST a pillar dollar. Would be nice if they let you keep what you find but I am on a site right now where I have to turn all over to the historic non profit org that is allowing me to search their spoils piles. But thats ok...i just want to have the satisfaction of knowing that no artifact is left behind.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart congratulations on your follow up Voting HM and Banner for sure !!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So glad that these coins are being rescued, I just hope the finder appreciates the story and history behind the coin like you do.....it's much more than JUST a pillar dollar. Would be nice if they let you keep what you find but I am on a site right now where I have to turn all over to the historic non profit org that is allowing me to search their spoils piles. But thats ok...i just want to have the satisfaction of knowing that no artifact is left behind.
That is exactly what im thinking....just can't stand to see them lost forever. So cool to see the excitement on someone else's face....he really does know the significance of these finds....he's sharp, and has a passion for the history also....I hope we can get some more together !! Wooo hooo !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart congratulations on your follow up Voting HM and Banner for sure !!!

Thank you bill....thanks for all the encouragement bill...I really appreciate it....happy hunting my friend....hope there is gold for you in the very near future !!

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo hoooo !!
attachment.php
attachment.php
back in February i found a bunch of treasure coins...it was a high moment in my treasure hunting career. But there was the bittersweet fact that much more sand with the treasure in it was being hauled off and dumped somewhere. I tried for about 3 weeks to track this sand down and finally gave up on hunting it down and told myself...thats it, the treasure laden sand is gone. Well during the whole dig over the period of 3 days I became friends with road crew that was doing the work for the county. I bought them beers and got to know these guys....they shared the excitement with islamoradamark and myself and we all shared something special. I have kept in touch with these guys and today they called me with that photo !! They were loading sand from the company yard and found this in the sand along with a small cannon ball !! They only took a small amount of the sand to keywest to use in there cement batch plant....well if that coin came out of that sand they got the best loads down there on site

SO....Im trying to get down there after hours and help these guys get some more coins....I told them I would go and hunt for nothing...I will give all the coins found to them....I just want to find some and get the story documented and take the pics for you guys here at treasurenet !! Woooo hoooo !! The coins aren't lost !! The treasure sand has been found !!

Here's the original video of islamoradamark and I finding coins in February!! and now 3+months later that sand that was hauled off is still giving up treasure coins !! And not just regular cobb eights, but very rare and highly sought after 1733 milled eight reales....the treasure gods are smiling on me, and im gonna get a second shot at these wonderful treasures. Im so happy for those guys...the boss wanted to buy one from me and I refused....I told him to hunt the sand and get one for himself, and he did !! Just incredible !! Maybe there will be more ??

Thanks for looking and remember it can happen at any moment and today might be your day !! Happy hunting everyone !!

FANTASTIC!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread