arizona88

Greenie
Jun 29, 2022
Hello this is my first post here. I live in Buckeye with the white tank mountains in my back yard. I do a lot of single track dirt biking in the white tanks, and then all the mountains over by lake pleasant in Morristown. While riding in a wash in Morristown I seen a small opening in this over grown area along the rock walls. Went back week later and it ended up being a trail that went up into the mountains rarely road. Looking at my phone maps I could see what looked like mines and once up there I did find 4 mines 2 vertical shafts and 2 horizontal shafts.

Now the 2 things that I found off the trail at the top of the mountain was a mine that when in there the walls were like a white chalky rock. Wasn’t to deep about 20ft I would say. Then next to it up a little more was a rock that was mined out that might of been for gem stones or something. I have known about this area for like 2 years and hope someone can help give me more information on what I’m looking at mine wise and what was possibly mined from the rocks.

I also have a mine lab equinox 800. While riding all these trails and some trails old goat trails that we adventure out onto. I have found some crazy spots of quarts coming out of the ground.

Pictures and videos of what I have will be up loaded. I will try and highlight on the map where These areas are.
2A619774-74CE-42A6-B2E8-67B91D0D1B8E.jpeg

Attachments

• 62763FAC-0671-43A3-B895-9C9C20EFA7E3.jpeg
    62763FAC-0671-43A3-B895-9C9C20EFA7E3.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 47
  • B6B7DF46-A73B-413E-83FE-790BFFD94F85.MOV
    3.9 MB
  • 0606568B-7096-4137-B2FD-BA49C544CCA6.MOV
    5.1 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    6.5 MB

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i think its part of the Sam group, Maricopa Co., Arizona, USA

Ref.: Phillips, K.A. (1987), Arizona Industrial Minerals AZ Dept. of Mines and Mineral Resources Mineral Rpt. 4; USGS 7.5 minute Garfias Mountain topo. map; MRDS files #10065797 & 10210254.

A Cu-Pb-Calcite-Quartz group of claims.

link https://www.mindat.org/feature-5308747.html\

very cool area, lots of interesting stuff to see back there.
also some very interesting history happened a bit north of there.
give me some time ill write about it.

welcome to treasurenet.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think its part of the Sam group, Maricopa Co., Arizona, USA

Ref.: Phillips, K.A. (1987), Arizona Industrial Minerals AZ Dept. of Mines and Mineral Resources Mineral Rpt. 4; USGS 7.5 minute Garfias Mountain topo. map; MRDS files #10065797 & 10210254.

A Cu-Pb-Calcite-Quartz group of claims.

link https://www.mindat.org/feature-5308747.html\

very cool area, lots of interesting stuff to see back there.
also some very interesting history happened a bit north of there.
give me some time ill write about it.

welcome to treasurenet.
Welcome to tnet.Great pics and vids! That,s something you don,t see in S.E.Arkansas,nothing here but dirt! Flat as the proverbial pancake!

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
some history just north of there.
On March 27, 1871, Snively was with a group that left from his home, in what is now Phoenix, to prospect in the direction of Wickenburg, Arizona,
when his group was attacked by an estimated 150 Apache at the White Picacho. Snively, mortally wounded, was abandoned by his companions.
Later found in the arroyo where he fell, his badly decomposed and partially devoured body was buried nearby.
Seven years later his friend and fellow Arizona pioneer Jack Swilling and two friends recovered his remains from its remote grave and reburied them behind the Swilling
house in what is now Black Canyon City near the Wells Fargo stage stop and ore mill settlement.

here is a link to where that happened, with gps coordinates. very cool web site too. https://www.apcrp.org/WHITE_PICACHO/Col_Snively_112308_2.htm
3 years ago i went up to see if i could find the area. its in between red and White Picacho.
i didn't find the old grave area but a friend i had with me found a 6 inch Clovis point, sorry i don't have a pic i can find.
he took it to ASU and they told him it was about 10,000 years old.
also anyone with interest in Arizona history, check out Jack Swilling.
the Founder of Phoenix.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

arizona88

Greenie
Jun 29, 2022
Welcome to tnet.Great pics and vids! That,s something you don,t see in S.E.Arkansas,nothing here but dirt! Flat as the proverbial pancake!
Thank you! I would do a lot of GoPro filming when I ride and or stop when I see something cool because Im originally from Illinois and we don’t have anything like this to ride just corn field and woods lol. So being all the way in the mountains like I am is incredible then having a interest in relic and metal detecting always looking for spots.

OP
OP
A

arizona88

Greenie
Jun 29, 2022
some history just north of there.
On March 27, 1871, Snively was with a group that left from his home, in what is now Phoenix, to prospect in the direction of Wickenburg, Arizona,
when his group was attacked by an estimated 150 Apache at the White Picacho. Snively, mortally wounded, was abandoned by his companions.
Later found in the arroyo where he fell, his badly decomposed and partially devoured body was buried nearby.
Seven years later his friend and fellow Arizona pioneer Jack Swilling and two friends recovered his remains from its remote grave and reburied them behind the Swilling
house in what is now Black Canyon City near the Wells Fargo stage stop and ore mill settlement.

here is a link to where that happened, with gps coordinates. very cool web site too. https://www.apcrp.org/WHITE_PICACHO/Col_Snively_112308_2.htm
3 years ago i went up to see if i could find the area. its in between red and White Picacho.
i didn't find the old grave area but a friend i had with me found a 6 inch Clovis point, sorry i don't have a pic i can find.
he took it to ASU and they told him it was about 10,000 years old.
also anyone with interest in Arizona history, check out Jack Swilling.
the Founder of Phoenix.
Wow thank you for all the cool information! I know the area my place is at the Hieroglyphic Mountain Range. I’m assuming they were placer good mines. Question is so miners usually go all the way to the top of a mountain range to mine like that? You can clearly see that other than me no one has been up there. No trail leads up to the very top off the trail I ride 3/4 the way up. Also that rock face that has been carved out was that for gold or would that be mined for something else? I will attach more pictures of the location.

OP
OP
A

arizona88

Greenie
Jun 29, 2022
Now the dropped pin is where the trail is located and then you can see there is a rock mine that you can get all your decorative rock for your yard from below the mine a little bit. On the one map you will see boulders OHV that’s where I stage or park. I ride from there all the way to the pin drop. Anyone with information or think bringing my detector up there please let me know!
C327F11C-7ACD-42B3-A832-5B3F61228B15.jpeg
932563A3-8850-4694-8E02-FCE6BE6409BF.jpeg
DBDFE316-6349-4336-B74F-F37DD86678AE.jpeg
66015A02-00C9-414F-A70D-70BFF83ED01F.jpeg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the dropped pin is where the trail is located and then you can see there is a rock mine that you can get all your decorative rock for your yard from below the mine a little bit. On the one map you will see boulders OHV that’s where I stage or park. I ride from there all the way to the pin drop. Anyone with information or think bringing my detector up there please let me know!
View attachment 2034515 View attachment 2034516 View attachment 2034517 View attachment 2034518
Apache tears come to mind. Somebody pointed me that way for em years ago. That was when they were all the rage until all the lapidaries found out how difficult they were to work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread