Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zapper swatter...
I like keeping them off me... but that doesn't really solve anything.
Zapper keeps them off you permanently and helps the problem overall.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Colorado now, but I am from SW OK. Those things you mentioned don't work. Some people said you eat a lot of garlic, and that keeps them away. It didn't, but I never had any trouble with vampires. They said rub vanilla extract on yourself. That didn't help, you just walked around smelling like a big cookie. Avon skin so soft,...naw, but my skin did feel kinda smooth. Here, we don't have that many, and due to the altitude and climate they are very slow, so you can swat them out of the sky.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Colorado now, but I am from SW OK. Those things you mentioned don't work. Some people said you eat a lot of garlic, and that keeps them away. It didn't, but I never had any trouble with vampires. They said rub vanilla extract on yourself. That didn't help, you just walked around smelling like a big cookie. Avon skin so soft,...naw, but my skin did feel kinda smooth. Here, we don't have that many, and due to the altitude and climate they are very slow, so you can swat them out of the sky.
We got em,by the millions.Some folks swear by those Thermocells,but they don,t work for me,I,ve never found any thing that does.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
During the season many times I just get the bee suit hood on.
It's bad when I can hear the through th headphones.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That constant whine,drives me nuts.
At least you can hear them attack.
Then there's all the stealth blood suckers.
Jewel weed pretty much takes care of most bites, stings.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mosquitos are awful in my area. Any suggestions? Do those things you wear around your neck work? What about the bracelet? These mosquitos don't give a crap about OFF.
Try deep woods with a heavy % of deet. Only thing that works for me in the summer in Georgia. But I hate the stuff, kind of greasy and stinks. Have to wash off with soap and warm water when I get back from detecting.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some people swear by citronella the only area we really have an issue is the patio after dark. Luckily we have a carport with a closing back door where we installed a patio table and chairs so that's our evening hangout during summer.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIx Tea Tree Oil in a small spray bottle with water. You only need 8 - 10 drops of the oil. Spray it on yourself or your clothes. It is a natural oil, so it should not hurt to get it on your skin unless for some reason you would be allergic to it. (I've never heard of anyone being allergic though) This is also an excellent remedy for Ticks. You can find Tea Tree Oil at most health food stores or order it online.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your car breaks down on the 18 mile stretch of road between the mainland of florida and the keys.....remain inside your vehicle and call AAA. If you get out to change a tire, or check your vehicle....
Your body will never be found.....you will be carried off into the heart of the everglades by swarms of man eating mosquitos never to be seen ever again !! These mosquitos use OFF as a bar shot !! You will be sucked dry and left shriveled up and drained of blood on the side of the road !!:laughing7::laughing7:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If your car breaks down on the 18 mile stretch of road between the mainland of florida and the keys.....remain inside your vehicle and call AAA. If you get out to change a tire, or check your vehicle....
Your body will never be found.....you will be carried off into the heart of the everglades by swarms of man eating mosquitos never to be seen ever again !! These mosquitos use OFF as a bar shot !! You will be sucked dry and left shriveled up and drained of blood on the side of the road !!:laughing7::laughing7:
I remember one time as a kid chasing a wayward frisbie at a Fl beach into some grass that was full of sand spurs and mosquitos. Of course all I was wearing was my swimming trunks. Won't ever forget that very unpleasant experience bending down picking out sand spurs while thousands of mosquito swarming around me and feeding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread