OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an incident similar to yours Gare. I was detecting in a wooded area (forest preserve) and 3 men got a little to close for my comfort. I had already seen them, and when one of them asked me if I had found his lost diamond ring, I knew there could be trouble. These guys were dressed like they were homeless, so when he asked me about the diamond ring (when he looked like he could not have afforded a plastic carnival ring), I slowly moved my right hand up under my jacket on the right side. They got the hint and moved off, and so did I. Found another place to detect the rest of the day.
This is another point no one has spoken of. When you dress up do you look like a fancy dressed or do you dress like your in need of money to buy clothes. I think the more you dress like a homeless person it might have a little effect on someone that might thik you have money

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She should be muzzled too.
There are SO MANY things that happen to us when detecting i hope everyone sees what can happen to us and they will be more prepared !!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is another point no one has spoken of. When you dress up do you look like a fancy dressed or do you dress like your in need of money to buy clothes. I think the more you dress like a homeless person it might have a little effect on someone that might thik you have money
I can't afford to dress any other way. LOL. I agree, most times I am in work clothes so I look a little grubby and I am a big guy so most people give me my space.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2 Do you KNOW why great White's Swim a close circle around a human with there Dorsal fin out of the water 3 or 4 times before they eat the human?

Humans TASTE better with the CRAP SCARED out of THEM :)
Do you know why they teach the buddy system to divers? See a shark, stab your buddy & swim like hell!!!!!!!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A size 12 boot toe works very well in many situations,for dogs,stand your ground and put a boot toe in the dog,s chin with great force,this will flip most any dog and knock it woozy too.The same toe applied to the crotch area of any human intruders will certainly discourage them and incapacitate them so you can calmly leave the area safely.Call the cops anonymously and have them clean up the mess. No muss,no fuss.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A size 12 boot toe works very well in many situations,for dogs,stand your ground and put a boot toe in the dog,s chin with great force,this will flip most any dog and knock it woozy too.The same toe applied to the crotch area of any human intruders will certainly discourage them and incapacitate them so you can calmly leave the area safely.Call the cops anonymously and have them clean up the mess. No muss,no fuss.
Bear spray works good too.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you know why they teach the buddy system to divers? See a shark, stab your buddy & swim like hell!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAAH Thats pretty good Thanks

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True,but not as satisfying as watching the would be bad dude fold up and puke all over himself! That,s my evil side talking, I just want to be left alone and when I,m not the evil side comes out. Otherwise,I,m as gentle as a lamb.
You are a bad ars, crash.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True,but not as satisfying as watching the would be bad dude fold up and puke all over himself! That,s my evil side talking, I just want to be left alone and when I,m not the evil side comes out. Otherwise,I,m as gentle as a lamb.
BUT when you have 3 or 4 dudes it changes the perspective

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT when you have 3 or 4 dudes it changes the perspective
That,s when it gets serious and the pistol comes out. Changes their perspective too,they don,t know which one gets it first. Seriously,I,m a big guy too,6 feet 3 or so 230 lbs.Always make serious eye contact with any one unknown who approaches me.If they are on the level they keep the contact,if not that,s usually enough to change their mind. I don,t do hoods,we don,t got much of a hood around here,so the problem seldom comes up.

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago I had finally gotten permission to hunt a field where I knew there had been Civil War activity. There was an old house about 40 yards from where I was going to be, but they didnā€™t own the field. I started digging and I was finding relics everywhere. I was on my knees digging a signal when I thought I heard something and realized it was a growl. When I looked up I saw two pit bulls, one huge male and a female. They were about 20 feet from me and both were showing teeth and I knew I was in trouble. I had a pistol in my pocket and as I was standing up and pulling it out, I heard screams coming from the house and a woman came running toward me yelling donā€™t you shoot my dogs! I yelled back, lady I donā€™t want to hurt your dogs, but I donā€™t want to get bit either! She reached the dogs and said her dogs ran in the field and why was I there. I explained that I had permission and I wasnā€™t leaving (I was finding too many relics). I told her to let the male go ( she had him by the collar) so he could sniff me, and she did. The male walked up to me and smelled my hand while growling. I swear that dogs head was huge and if he wanted to bite me it would have meant a trip to the hospital, but I wanted to stay there. After what seemed like forever, I slowly petted his head and he was good, and he walked away. The female stopped barking too. I kept digging, but I kept an eye on the dogs until they went back to the house.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m a gold prospector not a detetorist, yet.

There was a time however when I was in a creek digging my ass off when out of the blue I remembered I left the receipt for my new high banker on the counter.... a warm came over my body, a quick check of the watch and I realized I still had a chance to beat my wife home. Trashing my way through waste high water for what seemed like hours, Iā€™m so tired I nearly passed out from exhaustion. Just then I realized Iā€™m the man of the house!!! No need to rush.

So thankfully I made it home in time. That was close.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m a gold prospector not a detetorist, yet.

There was a time however when I was in a creek digging my ass off when out of the blue I remembered I left the receipt for my new high banker on the counter.... a warm came over my body, a quick check of the watch and I realized I still had a chance to beat my wife home. Trashing my way through waste high water for what seemed like hours, Iā€™m so tired I nearly passed out from exhaustion. Just then I realized Iā€™m the man of the house!!! No need to rush.

So thankfully I made it home in time. That was close.
I like that! You sure showed her!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread