leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
i wasn't going to go out with all the rain we have had. But, well, you know how it is.
got a late start. Packed some water and snacks and forgot them on the table.
At least i remembered the detector.
First area, just like last time, the 3rd target was the biggest gold of the day. Then lots of lead.
so i went to an area that i have worked out.
Here is an old trick.
When i placer a small wash, i always throw the rocks out on the side. so when it rains the dirt is taken away. leaving
the gold and redistributing other heavy targets that were missed. the bedrock is nice and clean. that little wash that has been hammered
by a 7000, 2 5000s,2 sdcs, 2 goldmonsters and 2 gb2s. before, i could not find another target. after this few days of rain we received,
i was able to pull 60 more targets out, mostly lead but,
4 more little dinks too. its not much but i really didn't want to sit home again this weekend.
when i was recovering some of the targets i could see some gold dust, i got out the vac and that is the small stuff on top of the pic.
8 grains, at least it covered the gas money.

Attachments

• 20210130_154050.jpg
    20210130_154050.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good work! Kinda hard finding those bits in the scoop when they're muddy isn't it...lol

Had a permission claim where I was allowed to dig 3 test holes in the old workings and hit those with the tector. Claim had a small ancient river gravels area I was testing. It was spring and lots of moisture and I hand dug some bigger round river boulders/rocks along with some rotten bedrock out of hole(s). All those rocks were muddy and slimy and I know some small flakes came out sticking to the boulders I tossed out. Ended up with 4 grams of bits/nuggs and told the owner he has some good gold up there. If you read this (owner)...thanks again for the opportunity on your claim(s)!!!!

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
i wasn't going to go out with all the rain we have had. But, well, you know how it is.
got a late start. Packed some water and snacks and forgot them on the table.
At least i remembered the detector.
First area, just like last time, the 3rd target was the biggest gold of the day. Then lots of lead.
so i went to an area that i have worked out.
Here is an old trick.
When i placer a small wash, i always throw the rocks out on the side. so when it rains the dirt is taken away. leaving
the gold and redistributing other heavy targets that were missed. the bedrock is nice and clean. that little wash that has been hammered
by a 7000, 2 5000s,2 sdcs, 2 goldmonsters and 2 gb2s. before, i could not find another target. after this few days of rain we received,
i was able to pull 60 more targets out, mostly lead but,
4 more little dinks too. its not much but i really didn't want to sit home again this weekend.
when i was recovering some of the targets i could see some gold dust, i got out the vac and that is the small stuff on top of the pic.
8 grains, at least it covered the gas money.

Nice!!!
Much more productive than my day:icon_thumleft:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds, always great to see some gold found.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
3 more bits from a high bench that someone was nice enough to remove the overburden from.
they were wedged verticality 2 inches deep in bedrock cracks. not much at 9 grains, but they put a smile on my face.

Attachments

• 20210205_162025.jpg
    20210205_162025.jpg
    922.2 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
Long 6 hour hunt with lots of lead.
Not really worth the post or the picture, but i have 13 trips in a row without a skunk with the gold monster.
This little one saved the day.

Attachments

• 20210206_131150.jpg
    20210206_131150.jpg
    943.1 KB · Views: 45

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Long 6 hour hunt with lots of lead.
Not really worth the post or the picture, but i have 13 trips in a row without a skunk with the gold monster.
This little one saved the day.
Do you think a gmt could pick up gold that size if it was tuned right? I have never found anything with it, but also don't know much about tuning it.

OP
OP
L

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
Never used a gmt. i have read good things about them. the gold is 1/2 grain.
find a bird shot, flatten it out. cut it in half, and it would be about the same target.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Happy for you that you're on a gold streak, and good to know you're working that Goldmonster to avoid the skunk.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread