Mugsy Finds a deep coin spill for me!!!!!!! Boom Baby!!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0597.JPG IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0599.JPG I went out to the woods. I was actually trying to find a foundation I saw a while back for some reason I could not find it!!!!!!! Anyway many times I hunt the woods in old areas I love the coin profile I have on my EQ 800 Im mostly hunting coins in these areas and today I found a wheat cent, and got excited a few feet away I got the coin sound with a silver tone I have it set for high tone for silver I can recognize the quarter and dime signal but when its silver its a higher tone and sounds awesome,every one who has a Nox and set high tones knows the sound well. I dug down at least 10 inches and got a 1929 canadian penny then put the pointer in and got multiple signals found a 1931,a 1916, a 1921 wheat then ran the coil over again heard the 2 high silver tones still yeee ha!!!! then I pulled out the 1920 Mercury dime, then the Boom Baby!!!! 1910 Barber Quarter then still pin pointer buzzing a 1917 and a 1929 wheat and that was all in one hole. Nothing else for the rest of the day but I didnt care.. Mugsy is the Name I gave my detector. Thanks for looking HH everyone Tommy

Last edited:
Upvote 68

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds!!! Go on coinsandcanada.com and find your Canadian penny on there. There are two types... one is worth .20 cents and the other type is worth $15 bucks! I hope it is the 15 buck one for your sake but even if it was worth nothing it is still cool. Oldest penny is a 1941... not that old but I've only searched for three months with my detector because of winters over here. Oldest coin is a 1919 silver dime... if I get the bounty hunter land ranger pro it will go up to twice the depth so I think it will help with getting the old ones. If I hadn't already dug the plug i would have never found that old dime... it was super faint as it is and I nearly gave up 'cause i didn't have a pinpointer then.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great hunt, you did good!!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an excellent coin spill Tommy. It seems you and "Mugsy" are getting along well. Love to dig those Barber Quarters.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunt Tommy! I've found one barber quarter and it so worn I barely count it! I'd be really curious to know what you find at spots you've already hit with the ATMax. I'm not looking to switch but just curious what I'm missing! Thanks!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Tommy what an awesome coin spill!!! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

Wild Colonial Boy

Sep 7, 2013
the nearest ditch
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1701353 View attachment 1701356 View attachment 1701357 View attachment 1701358 I went out to the woods. I was actually trying to find a foundation I saw a while back for some reason I could not find it!!!!!!! Anyway many times I hunt the woods in old areas I love the coin profile I have on my EQ 800 Im mostly hunting coins in these areas and today I found a wheat cent, and got excited a few feet away I got the coin sound with a silver tone I have it set for high tone for silver I can recognize the quarter and dime signal but when its silver its a higher tone and sounds awesome,every one who has a Nox and set high tones knows the sound well. I dug down at least 10 inches and got a 1929 canadian penny then put the pointer in and got multiple signals found a 1931,a 1916, a 1921 wheat then ran the coil over again heard the 2 high silver tones still yeee ha!!!! then I pulled out the 1920 Mercury dime, then the Boom Baby!!!! 1910 Barber Quarter then still pin pointer buzzing a 1917 and a 1929 wheat and that was all in one hole. Nothing else for the rest of the day but I didnt care.. Mugsy is the Name I gave my detector. Thanks for looking HH everyone Tommy

well done

post your coin settings when you can

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice! Congrats!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome !!! Congrats!!!

Last edited:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice spill,

Yeah my brother just got a Nox 800 a few weeks ago. Nice looking machine. Does a good job to.

He was finding old coins with it the first day we took it out at a hammered park. Hit a barber dime at 10 inches.

I was impressed with the machine. I'd buy one it's just to hard to swing multiple machines. They start collecting dust after awhile.

Jer

Nov 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds Tommy! There is no other way to describe the Equinox except for the fact that it’s awesome. The sound of silver on that device is like music to my ears lol. Copper too! Keep up the good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread