Must be some Dredgers up Stream.....???

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Yea...sorry about that Kuger, hope you didnt get wet. I fired up my 1000 4in dredges all at one time.
:icon_scratch:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the cooler videos I've ever seen

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope folks take notice that the area the flood is taking place in is still
sunny!

Lost a high school friend back in the 70's when the Nelson's Landing flash flood blew
most of Eldorado Canyon into Lake Mead, so learned my lessons at an early age.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really cool video...thanks!
Jim

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This just proves the enviro's point, all the fish in those washes are now dead because of all the sediments that were kicked up. I dare you, find a single fish that survived that outrageous introduction of sediments into the environment! There ought to be a law!

Excellent vid Kuger!

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three times I have been witness to flash floods.Once while under the water dredging,and had my dredge tied off hard and fast(last time I ever did that)The other two I was in the desert calm clear hot days.Was in the pickup on the first one and seen the black clouds and rain in the mountains I was headed to.I turned around since I really didnt want to work in the rain,and risk getting lightning struck.Upon my return to a wash that was dry on my initial crossing,I came up on it as a RAGING river.There was no way I was going to risk trying to cross,and 6 hours later when the water receded the road was completely gone(a 5' drop off!)I had a booger of a time finding a place down wash to cross....after two flat tires from driving over sage brush.The second time I was walking up a dry wash with high banks,checking coyote traps.I heard an ominous roar that was getting closer,so I climbed out of the wash to see if I could see what it was....saved my life!!!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Yup you can hear them coming...Had a friend that had an old milk truck as his clean up shop out behind Black Canyon City in Az, when a flash flood came through and took that truck 2 miles down stream, and it was flatter than a pancake.
images

Last edited:

spillercanyon

Jan 4, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saw one in the late 70's out in the Mojave. Driving late at night, hit it at about 60 mph, hydro-planed across the whole thing (not too big of a wash). Pulled over, cleaned out the drawers and spent the night right there till I could see in the morning.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
people just don't believe in flash floods until they have a close call...
my first flash flood experience was at thunder river...

that was a vid of a calm flashflood...the narrow canyons are wicked.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger,

THANK YOU for the video. If that is your's, may I have your permission to use it?
...it is not mine....it was actually used in a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Class!!!!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find this thread last night so posted over in drywashing where many people might be in a wash in the bright and hot sunlight and have something like this come along.

He says it's 6 hours after a heavy rain over 40 miles from that location. If you don't watch the whole thing, do NOT miss 2:54.

Click his album and watch
Insane Flash Flooding (currently the latest one)
May 22 2009 Glen canyon (4 years old)
rankinstudio's channel - YouTube

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
I grew up in Arizona as a kid, saw lots of flash floods.

NEVER get caught in a box or slot canyon during a flash flood! It is sure death!

And take lightning seriously! It can strike you ten miles away, even when its clear skies overhead!

"When thunder roars, go indoors". Get inside your car or truck, tents aren't safe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread