MXT Pro in very trashy area

smeagher

Feb 28, 2013
I am hunting a campground and found campers don't know how to through away pull tabs and bottle caps in the garbage. They are also to lazy or to drunk to pick up pennys or dimes. They must not where jewelry at all. All joking aside. Any suggestion on hunting a very trashy area? I have pulled lots of coins and countless pulltabs. One more day of hunting and hope to find something more exciting. I have been using a 950 and a DD coil.

Quarter Digger
MXT Pro
www.Facebook.com/tresurehuntersHQ

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would invest in a 4x6 shooter DD , great separation , and in mineralized ground. And / or 5.3 Eclipse, good separation, not quite as quiet in highly mineralized ground but more depth. The large concentric coils are going to drive you crazy hunting campgrounds . Anyways those are my suggestions , and are what I use in campsites. Good luck.

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
Hey, clean out the trash slowly, then drop your discrimination to one on the dial and redo the areas slowly, you will find jewelry then, I bet its there. Good idea on the 5.3 eclipse, I use it almost exclusively dirt hunting, generally I use a 5" excelerator dd coil for tot lot hunting in the wood chips. I am sure the dd would also be good in high mineral areas. Just havn't tried it there yet. Not much coverage with a 5", but can sure slice and dice to find good items in heavy trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions