MXT pro relic multi tones

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a regular MXT but I'm getting the all pro and I've heard you can have multi tones in the relic mode, my question is how do you get the multi tones in relic mode? I've heard the detector is already in multi tone mode on start up in coin and jewelry mode and I've heard you have select multi tone so which one is right? I always start up in C&J mode then switch to relic so would I need to select multi tone or not, I do it that way because the threshold is always more stable in C&J than it is in relic mode. Thanks for any info and HH

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm wrong and have to switch to multi tone once in relic mode, I thought I heard somewhere when they first came out that it was that way unless they changed it. HH

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 7 tone ID works in relic mode after switching from C&J mode. HH

mntnflyr4fun

Jul 12, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Etrac with 6x8 SEF & ML 11" Pro coil, MXT PRO with D2 coil, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to Whites web site then into Whites forum you will get all the answers you want.

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was told there it's best to run relic like it was intended, because if switching back to coin and jewelry you get left over notch pull tabs that wasn't intended. I don't plan on switching back once in relic mode though so no problem, I've been told not to go over preset with the gain before as well but we all no that's no fun as one would miss out on all those really deep whisper targets. If somebody doesn't use that certain detector they shouldn't say how best to run the one you have, if they do and they don't tweak it for best performance they are missing out for sure. HH

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered an all pro. I got an 8x6 sef coil on an extra lower shaft so I can change coils quickly, but if it is as good as they say it is it won't get changed very often.
I am going to order the Garrett Z cordless headphone setup, this should be the ultimate detector setup as near as I can figure from reading all the posts. Any opinions?

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered an all pro. I got an 8x6 sef coil on an extra lower shaft so I can change coils quickly, but if it is as good as they say it is it won't get changed very often.
I am going to order the Garrett Z cordless headphone setup, this should be the ultimate detector setup as near as I can figure from reading all the posts. Any opinions?
That coil will be good in the trash but won't be the deepest seeking coil for the MXT, I wouldn't make that my only coil to use. I use the D2 coil 95% of the time as I can get dimes at 10"+ all day with a few being at a full 12" before. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread