My 11 year old daughters first time detecting...Silver engagement ring

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took my kids with me this evening to detect the local park swimming hole. My 13 year old son has a Fisher F2 and my 11 year old daughter has a Bounty Hunter that I got free with a MX Sport I bought. She stayed at it for 2 hours with me but my son called it quits after a few minutes. She found some coins and some junk then she pulled what I thought was a pull tab out of the sand. she took it to the waters edge and rinsed it off, turned out to be a very pretty .925 engagement ring. She is so excited and says she can't wait to go again.
We found a total of 6 rings this evening, a great evening hunt for sure. The best treasure though was spending time with the kids.

Attachments

• det12.jpeg
    det12.jpeg
    945.5 KB · Views: 105
  • det11.jpeg
    det11.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 128
  • det3.jpeg
    det3.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 47

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a nice little diamond ring to start her detecting. It takes some of us a long time to find that first piece of diamond jewelry. I have to jump on the band wagon here and say I also found an exact match for that ring on August 12, 2019. Walmart has been selling them for a while. Congratulations to your daughter and to you for getting here started on a hobby that can keep her interested for a lifetime. Keep everyone safe and keep swingin.

DB360263-6AF1-4874-90AD-63AD69184042.jpeg

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She now has a much better detector to use thanks to Gary and the Treasurenet classifieds. He even gift wrapped it for her.
I can hardly wait to go detecting again so she can try it out.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• det1.jpeg
    det1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • det2.jpeg
    det2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so cool, 3 of the same ring so far, lol.

Congratulations on a nice little diamond ring to start her detecting. It takes some of us a long time to find that first piece of diamond jewelry. I have to jump on the band wagon here and say I also found an exact match for that ring on August 12, 2019. Walmart has been selling them for a while. Congratulations to your daughter and to you for getting here started on a hobby that can keep her interested for a lifetime. Keep everyone safe and keep swingin.

attachment.php

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great pics of your daughter with her new detector, also thanks to Gary and the Treasurenet classifieds! :thumbsup:

Dave

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool:hello2: A day she'll never forget - not to mention spending some quality time with you in the great outdoors. Also finding a few coins & pull-tabs helps manage future expectations...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooo hooo ... New detector !! So cool to see some younger ones get involved....spending time together in the field is what its all about !!good luck and happy hunting !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread