My 1st Long barrel gun!!! Tokens, Bells, LCs, Buttons-with the new detector.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got the new Deus ll-finally got the controller sorted out (replacement) and the new cuff wireless headphones.
So I have gotten out for a hour here and there-only hit a few well hunted iron patches.
Just to see if this new would be any better than the previous model-YUP!
It gives another level of finding the odd button-brass/copper item that was missed in the hard hit spots.

One might say I have hunted these spots where any nonferrous item (foil even) might be a ok hunt.
All very close to the doormat-5 minutes in any direction. So time/gas is really taken off the table.

So after building a hoop house I said to the mrs on late Wednesday that Thursday PM and Friday was for mental therapy play-meeting an afternoon and a road trip on Friday.
Yesterday was a total whirl wind catch up day of chores-

So the Thursday PM haut was to a well hunted site that had beans, mowed nice and clean.
1st hit-The kiss of death One Cent-basically I knew I was cursed for the rest of the time there-yup-dug really nothing special.
But one in the pouch is better than a skunked hunt.
20221103_123934.jpg

Friday's road trip hunt was to a multi site location-2 permission (depending on what side of the road)but all are within eye shot of each other 1200ft.
I stopped at the first field and the first signal-A nice square framed Sash Buckle-was this the kiss of death for the site?
Dug a part of a bridal bit
20221104_104020.jpg

Kind of as I dug a few targets-few late Victorian pieces.
So off to see the permission-was the worked field planted-nope!
Got back-worked? :laughing7: Not really-just a strip 2 discs wide 40ft to the back of the first field-the rest was liquid manure-now a little $hit isn't going to scare this guy off-it was 95% dried up
Just stay out of the black zones-nasty digging in those-boot scrapping after.
20221104_110754.jpg

So I headed for the raise in the field, (where the tractor maks end on the right) to be rewarded with a 1842 Bank of Montreal Token-a few other things.
I love it when they fall off the dirt-I always know it's a fine keeper.
20221104_125830.jpg
20221104_125835.jpg
20221104_125849.jpg

One real deep piece of copper. It wasn't any real winner-be impressive depth.
20221104_124911.jpg
20221104_124908.jpg

So back down to the road part of the field-nothing too great.
A button
20221104_133419.jpg

I got bored quickly-so I thought maybe the postal station site-across the way-still in corn stalks-but I have hit this 3 times on previous trips.
Well hello there Mr Token
Scuffed the stalks away and there it lay-easy retrieval-got to love it!
20221104_143530.jpg

Then a piece of cufflink? Enamel-cloisonne perhaps-an old period piece.
20221104_150149.jpg

The next signal was a nice suspender frame.

20221104_144325.jpg

Wow! Close by was this 85-dug-still 85-dug and down I went-had to be iron/can slaw-well-well-well looks here-Nice!
For the locked on # of 85-depth-nothing but impressive to say the least
20221104_145435.jpg
20221104_145429.jpg

Then I popped another bit of bling looking item.
20221104_134939.jpg

I figured I'd kill the rest of the hunt with the easy-back across the road to the bean site-20 acre field 900'x900'
3 sites (iron patches) maps says 3-but they could be houses or barns. :dontknow:
Walked out to the furthest point where I thought there might be #3 site-750' NE
Yup iron-steady-no non ferrous-iron and lots of it.
Then to popped a -say what looks like a ram rod holder?
Sweet!
20221104_155811.jpg

Next signal #2 holder
20221104_155606.jpg

#3 Trigger guard! :hello2::headbang: OK this could be the makings of a gun.
20221105_202018.jpg

Next was the barrel-My first one!
20221104_155927.jpg

So I threw up a "What is it" for the gun parts.
Missing some parts-so another road trip might be in short order. (Things like this rent space in the head)

Well this well winded-so I'll keep it short-ya right.
Excited at getting out and about-getting a first-getting a road trip in-it was a good therapy day.
Thanks for looking.
Having picture loading issues.
Will insert edit update later.
20221104_172642.jpg

Sorry for the delay

Attachments

• 20221104_155927.jpg
    20221104_155927.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Upvote 47

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the new Deus ll-finally got the controller sorted out (replacement) and the new cuff wireless headphones.
So I have gotten out for a hour here and there-only hit a few well hunted iron patches.
It gives another level of finding the odd button-brass/copper item that was missed in the hard hit spots.

One might say I have hunted these spots where any nonferrous item (foil even) might be a ok hunt.
All very close to the doormat-5 minutes in any direction. So time/gas is really taken off the table.

So after building a hoop house I said to the mrs on late Wednesday that Thursday PM and Friday was for mental therapy play-meeting an afternoon and a road trip on Friday.

So the Thursday PM haut was to a well hunted site that had beans, mowed nice and clean.
1st hit-The kiss of death One Cent-basically I knew I was cursed for the rest of the time there-yup-dug really nothing special.
View attachment 2054027

Friday's road trip hunt was to a multi site location-2 permission (depending on what side of the road)but all are within eye shot of each other 1200ft.
I stopped at the first field and the first signal-A nice square framed Sash Buckle-was this the kiss of death for the site?
View attachment 2054030

Got back-worked? :laughing7: Not really-just a strip 2 discs wide 40ft to the back of the first field-the rest was liquid manure-now a little $hit isn't going to scare this guy off-it was 95% dried up
View attachment 2054031
So I headed for the raise in the field, (where the tractor maks end on the right) to be rewarded with a 1842 Bank of Montreal Token-a few other things.
I love it when they fall off the dirt-I always know it's a fine keeper. View attachment 2054032

17.526 mm

A button

I got bored quickly-so I thought maybe the postal station site-across the way-still in corn stalks-but I have hit this 3 times on previous trips.

Wow! Close by was this 85-dug-still 85-dug and down I went-had to be iron/can slaw-well-well-well looks here-Nice!

I figured I'd kill the rest of the hunt with the easy-back across the road to the bean site-20 acre field 900'x900'
3 sites (iron patches) maps says 3-but they could be houses or barns. :dontknow:
Sweet!

Next signal #2 holder

Missing some parts-so another road trip might be in short order. (Things like this rent space in the head)

Excited at getting out and about-getting a first-getting a road trip in-it was a good therapy day.
Thanks for looking.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021

View attachment 2054027

View attachment 2054030

View attachment 2054031
I love it when they fall off the dirt-I always know it's a fine keeper. View attachment 2054032

A button

View attachment 2054045

View attachment 2054046

Sweet!

Next signal #2 holder

Thanks for looking.
Sorry for the delay
Pretty cool findings

Congrats!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2054027

View attachment 2054030

View attachment 2054031

A button

View attachment 2054045

View attachment 2054046

Sweet!

Next signal #2 holder

Thanks for looking.
Sorry for the delay
Excellent post with great detail..
Congratulations on dialing in the new Deus2
Well Done

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet post🤘
I've never really heard of all these old tokens till joining here. Someone point me to a good read about them??
Thanks
We basically had no money as in coinage.
There were the tokens, Blacksmith, bank till 1858

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a great hunt! I love, love, love that heel plate! Congrats!
Thank you so much.
You have great taste in finds.😊
We must be of the same digging blood.
I fully agree on the heel plate.
I have only found 1 other complete plate 14 yrs ago.
I have found a steel horseshoe type as well.
This one is well received, and a keeper in my book.
Here is a clean looking picture.
Resized_temp_share_311847304179110.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread