my 800 is tops for finding coins in a very trashy park.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My park near my house is trashy. How trashy is it? well once as a test several years ago around the picnic tables along the river I dug a 12 x 12 x 12" cube and found I think a total of 9 pop tops, pull tabs, screw tops and bottle caps. Most were in the layer of dirt down to 6 inches. When you turn on the threshold audio, it sounds like a machine gun going off.

By setting park 1, recovery speed 6-7, and discrim out everything below 26 I pretty much quiet the machine. Sensitivity usually around 16-18. Then I have the option of swinging fast and covering ground faster with the recovery speed at 6-7 or dropping it to 4 and slowing down to get the deeper coins that may not be masked. Using my Coiltek 10 x 5" coil. It really pulls up the clad dirty clad that no others have missed. Vferrari has said on several occasions, that the 800's strength is pulling good targets out that are not necessarily deep that others have missed. So I decided to test out his wisdom and he is correct.

No I am not a big fan of clad, but some days, I don't wish to driver 40 - 60 minutes one way to my civil war relic sites due to the scattered showers that we some times lately have been having for a whole week. Just have this need to go out and find something? Clad, hotwheels, something. Plus you never know. Pulled a silver quarter using this method that other hunters have not found.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My park near my house is trashy. How trashy is it? well once as a test several years ago around the picnic tables along the river I dug a 12 x 12 x 12" cube and found I think a total of 9 pop tops, pull tabs, screw tops and bottle caps. Most were in the layer of dirt down to 6 inches. When you turn on the threshold audio, it sounds like a machine gun going off.

By setting park 1, recovery speed 6-7, and discrim out everything below 26 I pretty much quiet the machine. Sensitivity usually around 16-18. Then I have the option of swinging fast and covering ground faster with the recovery speed at 6-7 or dropping it to 4 and slowing down to get the deeper coins that may not be masked. Using my Coiltek 10 x 5" coil. It really pulls up the clad dirty clad that no others have missed. Vferrari has said on several occasions, that the 800's strength is pulling good targets out that are not necessarily deep that others have missed. So I decided to test out his wisdom and he is correct.

No I am not a big fan of clad, but some days, I don't wish to driver 40 - 60 minutes one way to my civil war relic sites due to the scattered showers that we some times lately have been having for a whole week. Just have this need to go out and find something? Clad, hotwheels, something. Plus you never know. Pulled a silver quarter using this method that other hunters have not found.
Sounds like you got it licked!!!

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wish there was more silver coins in the park. I think they are way below my depth for the most part since the park is on the river bank that floods every few years.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any day detecting is a good day! Fresh air if anything!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread