My Avatar

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
While I was on FB this certain point/knife got the most likes out of all my finds. Itā€™s in the Kirk family but isnā€™t a Kirk. ITā€™s found mostly north of Georgia and is a rare point for my area. The base is what makes the difference. Any guesses are welcome as to the type. Enjoy the view lunch break is over.
NW Georgia PF

Attachments

• E3C8BB72-9485-43B5-8FC1-60546D12D4D1.jpeg
    E3C8BB72-9485-43B5-8FC1-60546D12D4D1.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 5
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
No guesses yet I see I will wait until tomorrow to reveal the type. If you notice the base isnā€™t squared off like a Kirk. Iā€™ve found another early one in the creek that has a bevel on the edges that I always called a Mac but Iā€™m not sure if they were beveled so might be another Kirk family point coming up soon. Have a great weekend everyone.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
No guesses yet I see I will wait until tomorrow to reveal the type. If you notice the base isnā€™t squared off like a Kirk. Iā€™ve found another early one in the creek that has a bevel on the edges that I always called a Mac but Iā€™m not sure if they were beveled so might be another Kirk family point coming up soon. Have a great weekend everyone.
Okay I see nobody knows or weā€™ll I will tell you anyway

Attachments

• 8FA45807-9B05-4DA2-903B-E65C002D1E02.jpeg
    8FA45807-9B05-4DA2-903B-E65C002D1E02.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 27

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
going back to your comments about getting discussions going, I think a lot of people here have an area of expertise and hesitate to guess when itā€™s outside of that sphere thatā€™s why I didnā€™t guess on this one

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
going back to your comments about getting discussions going, I think a lot of people here have an area of expertise and hesitate to guess when itā€™s outside of that sphere thatā€™s why I didnā€™t guess on this one
Sometimes you just have to have it in hand to know for sure. Just like the Eva I found last week. Took me a while to decide and I found it. Unfortunately not every find looks exactly like we see in the books. So I understand

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
I went looking today in a field and if finding debitage was great then I probably had lots of fun šŸ˜ƒ

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes you just have to have it in hand to know for sure. Just like the Eva I found last week. Took me a while to decide and I found it. Unfortunately not every find looks exactly like we see in the books. So I understand
Thatā€™s so true.
From a distance, the point in your post has a few different type traits. Having not handled any of those in your region, it is just guessing. At first glance for me, I thought a Jackā€™s Reef Corner Notched is a worthy guess.
But, there are similarities in that one that compare to some others like Palmer and a Kirk Corner Notched.
Nice point!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread