Jan 31, 2019
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT E-Tracker, Nokta Macro Simplex+
Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AWESOME find today (sorta)

So I bought a "new to me" White's MXT Tracker E-series. In getting it dialed in and knowing the controls, I opted to scatter some targets on my backyard lawn.

I found all the targets, then, got a huge hit away from my targets. The MXT showed IRON, RING, 50 CENT, FOIL.

Ring...hmmm...ok, I'll dig. Grabbed my Nokta Pinpointer (works great, recommend) and my small trowel and scooped into the ground. The MXT said 4 inches, but, as I'm new to the MXT I opted to carve a section of lawn and scoop it out, then dig. Pinpointer detected Blackbeards Chest, toning right in the hole! Then I saw the tell tale sign of buried iron....redish dirt. Hmm...It looked like a root. WTF! I pulled at it and uncovered...a...marshmallow skewer!! YES!! But, knowing the MXT detected multiple targets I continued to pinpoint with the Nokta. Got tone on an old rusty nail and then a translucent rock (from daughters fish tank). But I kept probing and continued to get a tone from pinpointer. Probe...probe...probe...HIT! I dig in a little more and got a 1971 D 50 cent piece! Nice! I know, not a banner find, but I was pretty excited about finding the 50 cent coin.

Hoping for more luck with the MXT.

Attachments

• image002.jpeg
    image002.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image003.jpeg
    image003.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 14

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on your "new" toy and your coin! The MXT is a very capable machine. Have fun!

OP
OP
R

Russoca

Jan 31, 2019
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT E-Tracker, Nokta Macro Simplex+
Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does look like a fly swatter! HA!