My best beach gold find EVER!!! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's been a while since I posted my detecting finds here... and this was technically from yesterday and not today... but since I started to beach hunt a lot more around March of last year, I've managed to find a ton of rings & jewelry.

Many are junk rings, some are silver, and a smaller amount are gold. My very first ring was a small 18K gold ring found in Casperson Beach here in Florida, which I wear on my pinkie to remind me of the first gold item I ever found.

It's also been quite a while since my last gold find... but I find enough rings & jewelry to not really think about it. Me and my detecting buddy decided to take our Legends out to a local beach after Labor Day weekend, hoping that folks might've left some goodies behind for us. I found a nice, chunky Freemason's ring on Sunday evening... but nothing prepared me for what would happen last night. I was working the umbrella line when I got a pretty solid target that didn't waiver much on my VDI. I moved the top layer with my scoop and kicked the sand... and out slid a diamond wedding band. I quietly motioned for my buddy to come over (without even inspecting the ring), while continuing to check that spot and spiral out from where the ring was found. I got another strong target, which was the matching diamond engagement ring, making it a full set! My buddy started to move his coil near me, which I then asked him to take a few steps back because I needed to re-check that spot and finish my spiral pattern... and wouldn't you know it, I got a THIRD solid tone. Out popped a vintage looking gold ring with tiny little diamonds. I finished looking around and got no more targets in a pretty large circle, so I finally looked at the rings and saw 14K on each of them and a maker's mark on each as well. I could not even believe what just happened (still can't!). I already could tell they were real, but I tested every single diamond on all 3 rings when I got home and they were all actual diamonds. Unreal!!! I don't know how or why, but I clearly was in the right spot at the right time.

Just like I do with all of my rings that I believe are meaningful, I will be attempting to find the owner... provided they are looking, either for my post or me looking for theirs. If they are tourists from out of state or out of the country, then I likely will be unable to find the owner. But I'll at least attempt to return them if I can. πŸ™πŸ½

So there's my unbelievable story & find. 😁

Thanks for reading.

Bran <><

20220906_194316~2.jpg

20220906_194337~2.jpg

20220906_193338~3.jpg

20220906_193319~2.jpg

Upvote 47
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some serious bling. I'm sure the owner is heartbroken. Hope you can reunite them.
Yes, I'm confident that they likely are too. I just hope that they're actively searching for them so I can locate whomever lost these rings. We shall see...

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been forever since you have posted!
What a way to come back and say hello. Freakn awesome hunt.
Bling Bling!
Thank you! Haha, yes... it really has been a while. I posted about my Spanish Reale that I found last year, along with posts about our Florida Hunts. But other than those, I've neglected posting for a while. This site (and the folks on it) is what originally got me into the hobby back in college... and I do miss the camaraderie. I re-upped my Charter Membership recently, so maybe I'll be around a bit more again... 😁

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and good luck with finding whoever lost them.
Thank you! Trying to find the owner is always the difficult part, especially if they aren't actively looking. But you never know...

Bran <><

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing your finds was great but I always wondered if there was a way to ID the owners who lost those rings. I found this site which tells where the ID numbers are located but those numbers are probably not visible to the holder. You probably would have to go to a Jewler and have the stone removed in order to gather that data. https://www.dmia.net/diamonds-serial-numbers-3-reasons-want-one/

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's been a while since I posted my detecting finds here... and this was technically from yesterday and not today... but since I started to beach hunt a lot more around March of last year, I've managed to find a ton of rings & jewelry.

Many are junk rings, some are silver, and a smaller amount are gold. My very first ring was a small 18K gold ring found in Casperson Beach here in Florida, which I wear on my pinkie to remind me of the first gold item I ever found.

It's also been quite a while since my last gold find... but I find enough rings & jewelry to not really think about it. Me and my detecting buddy decided to take our Legends out to a local beach after Labor Day weekend, hoping that folks might've left some goodies behind for us. I found a nice, chunky Freemason's ring on Sunday evening... but nothing prepared me for what would happen last night. I was working the umbrella line when I got a pretty solid target that didn't waiver much on my VDI. I moved the top layer with my scoop and kicked the sand... and out slid a diamond wedding band. I quietly motioned for my buddy to come over (without even inspecting the ring), while continuing to check that spot and spiral out from where the ring was found. I got another strong target, which was the matching diamond engagement ring, making it a full set! My buddy started to move his coil near me, which I then asked him to take a few steps back because I needed to re-check that spot and finish my spiral pattern... and wouldn't you know it, I got a THIRD solid tone. Out popped a vintage looking gold ring with tiny little diamonds. I finished looking around and got no more targets in a pretty large circle, so I finally looked at the rings and saw 14K on each of them and a maker's mark on each as well. I could not even believe what just happened (still can't!). I already could tell they were real, but I tested every single diamond on all 3 rings when I got home and they were all actual diamonds. Unreal!!! I don't know how or why, but I clearly was in the right spot at the right time.

Just like I do with all of my rings that I believe are meaningful, I will be attempting to find the owner... provided they are looking, either for my post or me looking for theirs. If they are tourists from out of state or out of the country, then I likely will be unable to find the owner. But I'll at least attempt to return them if I can. πŸ™πŸ½

So there's my unbelievable story & find. 😁

Thanks for reading.

Bran <><

View attachment 2045465
View attachment 2045466
View attachment 2045467
View attachment 2045468
Really awesome find and also awesome you are actively looking to try to return them.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing your finds was great but I always wondered if there was a way to ID the owners who lost those rings. I found this site which tells where the ID numbers are located but those numbers are probably not visible to the holder. You probably would have to go to a Jewler and have the stone removed in order to gather that data. https://www.dmia.net/diamonds-serial-numbers-3-reasons-want-one/
They normally only use serial numbers on very expensive diamonds. This one is probably a little over $1K for the set, so I don't believe this would be one of those situations. The little antique ring definitely is not, as they're like diamond chips and is similar to depression era styled rings.

Usually the only way of being able to return a ring is to find an online post by the person who lost it, or making your own posts all over social media and online, in hopes that they might try to see if anyone has found it. I also keep an eye out online from time to time, just to see if either has occurred. Our issue down here is that we get a lot of tourists who lose stuff and fly back to their own state or country and just give up on whatever they've lost.

A guy told my detecting buddy the same night I found these rings that he lost a chunky, thick gold necklace a few days before. My buddy said he would be glad to get his contact info and reach out if he were able to locate it... but the guy said he was flying back to Germany the next day, so he told my buddy that if he can find it, he can keep it. He'll just get another one when he gets back home.

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really awesome find and also awesome you are actively looking to try to return them.
Thank you! Yes, I'm trying. I kinda caught a 2-day ban on Facebook... lol So I'm waiting until tomorrow until I can finally go make the posts that I need to. I have already searched on social media and on the Internet to see if anyone has mentioned losing them, but haven't found anything for these rings.

I did find another person who made a Craigslist post about losing a ring, and I found another post from the person who found it... so I reached out to both parties to let them know, so hopefully they can get that ring back to the owner.

Bran <><

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Yes, I'm trying. I kinda caught a 2-day ban on Facebook... lol So I'm waiting until tomorrow until I can finally go make the posts that I need to. I have already searched on social media and on the Internet to see if anyone has mentioned losing them, but haven't found anything for these rings.

I did find another person who made a Craigslist post about losing a ring, and I found another post from the person who found it... so I reached out to both parties to let them know, so hopefully that can get that ring back to the owner.

Bran <><
Well still very cool you're trying. Lol good ol Facebook bans I'd be banned from that if I ever used it as I speak my mind lol

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well still very cool you're trying. Lol good ol Facebook bans I'd be banned from that if I ever used it as I speak my mind lol
Yep, for sure. πŸ‘πŸ½ And yeah, Facebook used to be beneficial years ago when it was first released for us college kids... but it's turned into something absolutely out of control.

And while I definitely speak my mind as well, I usually refrain from speaking it on social media. At least publicly. I primarily use FB to keep up with high school & college friends (very few of either), a TON of my treasure hunting & detecting friends around the state/county/world, sharing personal interests, and managing the social media for a local sushi restaurant on the side. If it weren't for those things, I would absolutely forego being on any of it.

Bran <><

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds and saves of those beautiful rings. It's a great thing in attempting to locate the owners, but it you are unable to, you can be rest assured that you did attempt to do the right thing. Well Done.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, for sure. πŸ‘πŸ½ And yeah, Facebook used to be beneficial years ago when it was first released for us college kids... but it's turned into something absolutely out of control.

And while I definitely speak my mind as well, I usually refrain from speaking it on social media. At least publicly. I primarily use FB to keep up with high school & college friends (very few of either), a TON of my treasure hunting & detecting friends around the state/county/world, sharing personal interests, and managing the social media for a local sushi restaurant on the side. If it weren't for those things, I would absolutely forego being on any of it.

Bran <><
I abandoned my FB long ago but easy for me not many people to keep up with when you're not good at being social as I am lol

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Further poking around and researching, I find that even if you do have that GIA number and try to locate the owner, it would probably be in vain. That number seems to be an industry stone registration number and in most cases is not associated with the owner who buys the piece of jewelry it is mounted in. The article I just read also said that those numbers require a special magnifier to read. The common method of locating the owners seems to be to poke around the lost and found in the newspaper and poster boards on the beach or property where found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread