My best beach gold find EVER!!! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's been a while since I posted my detecting finds here... and this was technically from yesterday and not today... but since I started to beach hunt a lot more around March of last year, I've managed to find a ton of rings & jewelry.

Many are junk rings, some are silver, and a smaller amount are gold. My very first ring was a small 18K gold ring found in Casperson Beach here in Florida, which I wear on my pinkie to remind me of the first gold item I ever found.

It's also been quite a while since my last gold find... but I find enough rings & jewelry to not really think about it. Me and my detecting buddy decided to take our Legends out to a local beach after Labor Day weekend, hoping that folks might've left some goodies behind for us. I found a nice, chunky Freemason's ring on Sunday evening... but nothing prepared me for what would happen last night. I was working the umbrella line when I got a pretty solid target that didn't waiver much on my VDI. I moved the top layer with my scoop and kicked the sand... and out slid a diamond wedding band. I quietly motioned for my buddy to come over (without even inspecting the ring), while continuing to check that spot and spiral out from where the ring was found. I got another strong target, which was the matching diamond engagement ring, making it a full set! My buddy started to move his coil near me, which I then asked him to take a few steps back because I needed to re-check that spot and finish my spiral pattern... and wouldn't you know it, I got a THIRD solid tone. Out popped a vintage looking gold ring with tiny little diamonds. I finished looking around and got no more targets in a pretty large circle, so I finally looked at the rings and saw 14K on each of them and a maker's mark on each as well. I could not even believe what just happened (still can't!). I already could tell they were real, but I tested every single diamond on all 3 rings when I got home and they were all actual diamonds. Unreal!!! I don't know how or why, but I clearly was in the right spot at the right time.

Just like I do with all of my rings that I believe are meaningful, I will be attempting to find the owner... provided they are looking, either for my post or me looking for theirs. If they are tourists from out of state or out of the country, then I likely will be unable to find the owner. But I'll at least attempt to return them if I can. πŸ™πŸ½

So there's my unbelievable story & find. 😁

Thanks for reading.

Bran <><

20220906_194316~2.jpg

20220906_194337~2.jpg

20220906_193338~3.jpg

20220906_193319~2.jpg

Upvote 47
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and saves of those beautiful rings. It's a great thing in attempting to locate the owners, but it you are unable to, you can be rest assured that you did attempt to do the right thing. Well Done.
Thank you! Yes, it weighs a little less on my conscience if I at least try my best to find the owners. If not, they'll go into my little treasure box with the other rings & jewelry. Who knows, maybe I'll get a response later on and can then return it.

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I abandoned my FB long ago but easy for me not many people to keep up with when you're not good at being social as I am lol
Haha, I'm actually an extroverted introvert. I prefer to keep to myself, but have no problems chatting with others... or even speaking to large groups. But being around a lot of people for too long tends to mentally drain me, because I can only take so much. lol

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Further poking around and researching, I find that even if you do have that GIA number and try to locate the owner, it would probably be in vain. That number seems to be an industry stone registration number and in most cases is not associated with the owner who buys the piece of jewelry it is mounted in. The article I just read also said that those numbers require a special magnifier to read. The common method of locating the owners seems to be to poke around the lost and found in the newspaper and poster boards on the beach or property where found.
I agree. Social media and online are also great resources. Though they aren't all this nice, I do find a pretty decent amount of rings, so I don't always have the free time available to try and track down the owner for all of them. But for the ones that seem as if they might hold some kind of sentimental meaning, I'll at least give it a try. Can't hurt.

Bran <><

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are top of the line finds :) Not knowing Fl very well were you hunting a slatwater beach ? If so how does the Legend do on the beaches were there any problems >

Last edited:
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are top of the line finds :) Not knowing Fl very well were you hunting a slatwater beach ? If so how does the Legend do on the beaches were there any problems >
Thank you!

Yes, they are saltwater beaches here on the Gulf of Mexico (Gulf Coast of Florida). We only live 15-20 minutes away from all of our beaches. As much as I love & prefer relic hunting on land, the beach at night or detecting out in the water during the day are the only two types of hunting I do during our hot Summer months.

The Legend is EXTREMELY stable out on the beach, especially on the wet sand or in the saltwater! I was previously using the Anfibio Multi (better for relic hunting), but the Legend absolutely kills it for beach hunting. In fact, me and my detecting buddy both have Legend's (he's out there detecting on the beach without me right now, as I got stuck at home helping my wife). The great thing about the Legend is that unlike the Equinox 600 & 800, Nokta machines won't leak. So you don't have to worry about throwing on waterproof headphones and getting out to chest or neck deep in the water. It's such an awesome detector, I'm planning on getting a second one as a backup machine. πŸ‘πŸ½

Bran <><

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you!

Yes, they are saltwater beaches here on the Gulf of Mexico (Gulf Coast of Florida). We only live 15-20 minutes away from all of our beaches. As much as I love & prefer relic hunting on land, the beach at night or detecting out in the water during the day are the only two types of hunting I do during our hot Summer months.

The Legend is EXTREMELY stable out on the beach, especially on the wet sand or in the saltwater! I was previously using the Anfibio Multi (better for relic hunting), but the Legend absolutely kills it for beach hunting. In fact, me and my detecting buddy both have Legend's (he's out there detecting on the beach without me right now, as I got stuck at home helping my wife). The great thing about the Legend is that unlike the Equinox 600 & 800, Nokta machines won't leak. So you don't have to worry about throwing on waterproof headphones and getting out to chest or neck deep in the water. It's such an awesome detector, I'm planning on getting a second one as a backup machine. πŸ‘πŸ½

Bran <><
Thank you very much for your info :)

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post and like those beauty Florida sunset pics with the rings posing for the shot.
Thank you! I enjoy taking fun photos out on the beach. Here's a pretty one I took yesterday while trying to do a ring recovery out in the water (during stormy weather πŸ˜‚).

20220909_192500~2.jpg

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTIFUL PICTURE!
I appreciate it. It's not as beautiful now, since we've got this hurricane headed right towards us here in Saint Petersburg, FL... but I'm sure we'll see beautiful days again after it passes. πŸ™πŸ½

Bran <><

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING FINDS !!!!! Congrats

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really did OUTSTANDING THANKS for SHARING WITH US !!!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really did OUTSTANDING THANKS for SHARING WITH US !!!
Well, I didn't do anything different than normal. I was just fortunate enough to get over the right targets and dig them up. I actually found these 4 rings all together on that same beach last week. Two of them were Sterling. 😊

20221006_205051~3.jpg

Bran <><

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank you for all your insight :) THANKS !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread