My best beach gold find EVER!!! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's been a while since I posted my detecting finds here... and this was technically from yesterday and not today... but since I started to beach hunt a lot more around March of last year, I've managed to find a ton of rings & jewelry.

Many are junk rings, some are silver, and a smaller amount are gold. My very first ring was a small 18K gold ring found in Casperson Beach here in Florida, which I wear on my pinkie to remind me of the first gold item I ever found.

It's also been quite a while since my last gold find... but I find enough rings & jewelry to not really think about it. Me and my detecting buddy decided to take our Legends out to a local beach after Labor Day weekend, hoping that folks might've left some goodies behind for us. I found a nice, chunky Freemason's ring on Sunday evening... but nothing prepared me for what would happen last night. I was working the umbrella line when I got a pretty solid target that didn't waiver much on my VDI. I moved the top layer with my scoop and kicked the sand... and out slid a diamond wedding band. I quietly motioned for my buddy to come over (without even inspecting the ring), while continuing to check that spot and spiral out from where the ring was found. I got another strong target, which was the matching diamond engagement ring, making it a full set! My buddy started to move his coil near me, which I then asked him to take a few steps back because I needed to re-check that spot and finish my spiral pattern... and wouldn't you know it, I got a THIRD solid tone. Out popped a vintage looking gold ring with tiny little diamonds. I finished looking around and got no more targets in a pretty large circle, so I finally looked at the rings and saw 14K on each of them and a maker's mark on each as well. I could not even believe what just happened (still can't!). I already could tell they were real, but I tested every single diamond on all 3 rings when I got home and they were all actual diamonds. Unreal!!! I don't know how or why, but I clearly was in the right spot at the right time.

Just like I do with all of my rings that I believe are meaningful, I will be attempting to find the owner... provided they are looking, either for my post or me looking for theirs. If they are tourists from out of state or out of the country, then I likely will be unable to find the owner. But I'll at least attempt to return them if I can. πŸ™πŸ½

So there's my unbelievable story & find. 😁

Thanks for reading.

Bran <><

20220906_194316~2.jpg

20220906_194337~2.jpg

20220906_193338~3.jpg

20220906_193319~2.jpg

Upvote 47

lickkorasen

Oct 25, 2022
Senegal, Dakar, 12500
Well, it's been a while since I posted my detecting finds here... and this was technically from yesterday and not today... but since I started to beach hunt a lot more around March of last year, I've managed to find a ton of rings & jewelry.

Many are junk rings, some are silver, and a smaller amount are gold. My very first ring was a small 18K gold ring found in Casperson Beach here in Florida, which I wear on my pinkie to remind me of the first gold item I ever found.

It's also been quite a while since my last gold find... but I find enough rings & jewelry to not really think about it. Me and my detecting buddy decided to take our Legends out to a local beach after Labor Day weekend, hoping that folks might've left some goodies behind for us. I found a nice, chunky Freemason's ring on Sunday evening... but nothing prepared me for what would happen last night. I was working the umbrella line when I got a pretty solid target that didn't waiver much on my VDI. I moved the top layer with my scoop and kicked the sand... and out slid a diamond wedding band. I quietly motioned for my buddy to come over (without even inspecting the ring), while continuing to check that spot and spiral out from where the ring was found. I got another strong target, which was the matching diamond engagement ring, making it a full set! My buddy started to move his coil near me, which I then asked him to take a few steps back because I needed to re-check that spot and finish my spiral pattern... and wouldn't you know it, I got a THIRD solid tone. Out popped a vintage looking gold ring with tiny little diamonds. I finished looking around and got no more targets in a pretty large circle, so I finally looked at the rings and saw 14K on each of them and a maker's mark on each as well. I could not even believe what just happened (still can't!). I already could tell they were real, but I tested every single diamond on all 3 rings when I got home and they were all actual diamonds. Unreal!!! I don't know how or why, but I clearly was in the right spot at the right time.

Just like I do with all of my rings that I believe are meaningful, I will be attempting to find the owner... provided they are looking, either for my post or me looking for theirs. If they are tourists from out of state or out of the country, then I likely will be unable to find the owner. But I'll at least attempt to return them if I can. πŸ™πŸ½

Thanks for reading.

Bran <><

View attachment 2045465
View attachment 2045466
View attachment 2045467
View attachment 2045468
WOW!:icon_thumright:

navigupta

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2022
Beautiful Rings! I felt sorry for the owner of these rings, but I am also happy that you have found these rings and trying to return them. I really appreciate your dedication to searching on the internet and social media platforms to locate the owner.
Have you found the owner of these rings?

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Rings! I felt sorry for the owner of these rings, but I am also happy that you have found these rings and trying to return them. I really appreciate your dedication to searching on the internet and social media platforms to locate the owner.
Have you found the owner of these rings?
Thank you. No, sadly, I have been unable to locate the owner. I think there's a high probability that they are not looking for them. There's also a good chance that they lost them on vacation and probably wouldn't know where to even start looking. I do still feel pretty bad for the owner, though I'll be hanging onto them, just in case they ever do try to find them.

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find Congratulations!!
Thank you! I found a 14K white gold & 10K yellow gold rings on the beach since (along with other silver rings & junk rings, of course). But things have definitely slowed down, as there's not as many folks out there at this time of the year...

20220929_195636~2.jpg

20221201_220855.jpg

Bran <><

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just heard a female "arrg" followed by a "ooph"... from my other half after I showed her the pics.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just heard a female "arrg" followed by a "ooph"... from my other half after I showed her the pics.
Haha, I completely understand! πŸ˜‚ On one hand, everyone in this hobby (myself included) loves to find items like this... but on the other, I do really feel bad for the people who lose them. It's gotta be a sinking feeling once they realize it's gone. That's why I try to find the owners... even though it's almost impossible most of the time.

Bran <><

Reactions: ARC
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for reading.

Bran <><

View attachment 2045465
View attachment 2045466
View attachment 2045467
View attachment 2045468
Outstanding Gold finds, congrats!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding Gold finds, congrats!
Thanks so much! It's the slow season right now, so I haven't been finding much at our beaches... but Spring Break is right around the corner, so I'll be out there at least 2-3 times throughout the week and at least once on the weekends. 😁

Bran <><

log2lumber

May 8, 2015
Detroit, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 2 with carbon fiber shaft and upgrades
Minelab Vanquish 540(won it!)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your opinion of the Legend. I am looking at it and the 900.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your opinion of the Legend. I am looking at it and the 900.
I'm unsure if Minelab fixed the leaking head units, breaking coil tabs & breaking arm cuffs on the new Equinox models... but Nokta has never experienced those kinds of shoddy manufacturing issues with any of their machines. I've been using the Legend for the last 8 months and loved it so much that I bought a second Legend in November as a backup for friends & family to borrow (I have full identical setups for both beach & land hunting). It's a stellar machine though and Nokta has continued to listen to their customers when developing their software updates to fix the few bugs they had in the beginning, and add a SLEW of new features to make it even better. I'm very much loyal to Nokta with the quality of their detectors, their affordable price ranges, and how strong they have their finger on the pulse of their customers who are actually buying their products. They're also working on their first PI machine as well, which will be interesting to see how well it is for beach hunting.

All the best,

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread