My Best Find, Big Diamond Ring Apraised @ 4500$

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone just wanted to share yesterday's hunt with y'all. So I raced down to the beach as the frozen tundra loosened her grip on the land for the last two days. Things started off great as I scored a sterling ring with a black stone then a sterling pendant weighing 7 grams and after that a big gold ring marked 14k at 7.8 grams with a big center stone. Then the waves picked up and chased me out. I thought for sure the rock was going to be a cz. Today I took it to a jeweler for an appraisal and to my surprise the diamond tested real!!! I was told its an old deep cut stone from the 1940s in a newer setting, G/H in color and 1 carat in size and worth 4,500$ :)

All the times my wife game me crap about detecting so now I can finally shut her up lol! She was a Debbie downer for the longest time, she actually wants to steal my stone and put it in her setting. Now shes a believer hehe, I decided to give her the stone, happy wife = more detecting time for me ;)

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all :)

image-3690170074.jpg

image-2196355930.jpg

image-59588016.jpg

All the finds from the hunt

image-4177303698.jpg

Upvote 19

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about tossing one of those my way so I can shut my wife up!! Congrats! Hopefully mine will come sooner than later. I hate catching so much flack for spending all my excess time "Digging in the dirt".

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a BEAUTY!!!! Smart move also SEENER!!!!! I'm votin BANNER!!! CONGRATS BUD.... HH

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Very beautiful ring . Over the past few years ive given my wife a couple of very nice gold rings w/ stones [ not as nice as yours tho] and I still get a hard time from her about my MDing. Its kinda like ? what have you done for me lately NOW. For that reason I have a couple NICE thngs that ive dug [that shine] put up in order to see if her attitude changes if not I have somethings to pay for my next detector with. I hate to be that way but man. Hope yours remembers that gft for many ,many years to come. Best of luck in the future.....Davers

arrowheadted

Jun 2, 2012
Nice ring, I need to find one for my wife too. I think like Davers, my sweetie suffers from amnesia. Maybe a stone like that one will cure her.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring and stone...very nice and glad your keeping the wife happy.

Quick wife story: I've always wanted a little theater room in the house but the wife was not really into it and since the basement has been taken over by the kids we did not have a place for it. A few weeks back were out and we see a very cool entertainment center that has an electic fireplace, sound bar, small refrigerator and ipod docking station all built into it. Then the next store we go into there is a 100% leather theater seating with three chairs that are electic, light up cup holders and lights under the seats (also very cool). We go home then later in the day the wife turns to me and says I don't know what your putting in my coffee but I want them for the back family room. I'm a happy camper and we go order everything. Fast forward to last night we are sitting at the dinner table and my wife turns and says she would go detecting if she did not have to get my hands dirty. I laugh and say you are turning into me. Her response -- 'I'm not ugly!' I have to love her or killer her...have not decided yet. A happy wife makes for a happy house.

NJ

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Ring!...My Father had a ring that looked EXACLTY like that he lost on Jersey beach about 20 years ago...Killer Find!..Im gonna have to see if he has any pics of him wearing it. I think he got it from Jareds, or a large chain jewelry store!

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time to ask for that new upgrade while shes still giddy over the rock, nice chunk of gold and ice Seener :occasion14:

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring.way to go

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! Nice display too! H Digs :)

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy wife = Happy Life........not in my house.

This is the choice I give my wife.

I tell her she has two choices: You can get mad OR You can get over it.

I go detectin whenever I want.

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a BEAUTY!!!! Smart move also SEENER!!!!! I'm votin BANNER!!! CONGRATS BUD.... HH

Thank you, and for the Banner vote fishstick!
Wish I could get a few more ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about tossing one of those my way so I can shut my wife up!! Congrats! Hopefully mine will come sooner than later. I hate catching so much flack for spending all my excess time "Digging in the dirt".

Thanks, it's all about time put in. Every dog has its day, keep on swinging bro ;)

OP
OP
Seener53

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Very beautiful ring . Over the past few years ive given my wife a couple of very nice gold rings w/ stones [ not as nice as yours tho] and I still get a hard time from her about my MDing. Its kinda like ? what have you done for me lately NOW. For that reason I have a couple NICE thngs that ive dug [that shine] put up in order to see if her attitude changes if not I have somethings to pay for my next detector with. I hate to be that way but man. Hope yours remembers that gft for many ,many years to come. Best of luck in the future.....Davers

Thank you Davers, hope she remembers this like she remembers all my mess ups from the past ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread