My best finds so far for my first year and a half metal detecting:)

Treasure Hunting NM

Sep 10, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figure I would post some of my best finds for my first year and a half metal detecting. I am still new to this and still haven't figured out where to find silver coins where I live 20201106_180230.jpg 20201104_131735.jpg 20200515_091729.jpg 20200515_091733.jpg 20191218_105514.jpg 20191218_105519.jpg but I do hit the parks a lot out here.
I have found a total of just 4 silver coins so far. The 2 silver dollars and also a Washington quarter and a roosevelt dime. Already starting on a new jewelry box with the finds from this year. I have also found $1250 in clad change so far that I purchase bullion with.[/ATTACH] 20190724_141735.jpg 20190724_141748.jpg 20200518_152845.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 29

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on excellent finds and display. Silver dollar is still on my bucket list.
I also turn my clad into bullion. I purchase silver eagles at the beginning of each year and present them to 5 grandchildren and 4 great grand children at Christmas. It has become a tradition over the years.

Of course, there's always an extra one for me.:headbang:

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds... but let me ask ya... you found $1,250 in clad in one year ? ? ?

OP
OP
Treasure Hunting NM

Treasure Hunting NM

Sep 10, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds... but let me ask ya... you found $1,250 in clad in one year ? ? ?

Yep. I hit a lot of parks. I spend about 2 to 3 days a week metal detecting and if I find a hot spot with lots of change I keep going back until I covered the entire place. We have the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta before the virus so that place I found the most at. We also have a lot of big sports fields out here to go to. Also every place I go to I try to "Grid" so I can get the most out of a place. The majority of my finds came from the balloon park. It took me well over a month and a half to grid that area out.

This is the Balloon Park area, scroll thru the pictures to get an idea of the size of the place. https://consensusplanning.com/project/balloon-fiesta-park/

I follow the crowds so any big events that are outside I try to be there the following day to metal detect. They have the Summerfest out here, the 4th of July Fireworks displays, Wine Festivals, etc. The last Balloon Fiesta we had before the virus had close to 1 million International visitors come into town. Lots of money is being lost lol. I also have quite a few foreign coins I have also found out there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure Hunting NM

Treasure Hunting NM

Sep 10, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on excellent finds and display. Silver dollar is still on my bucket list.
I also turn my clad into bullion. I purchase silver eagles at the beginning of each year and present them to 5 grandchildren and 4 great grand children at Christmas. It has become a tradition over the years.

Of course, there's always an extra one for me.:headbang:

Very cool :icon_thumleft:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. I hit a lot of parks. I spend about 2 to 3 days a week metal detecting and if I find a hot spot with lots of change I keep going back until I covered the entire place. We have the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta before the virus so that place I found the most at. We also have a lot of big sports fields out here to go to. Also every place I go to I try to "Grid" so I can get the most out of a place. The majority of my finds came from the balloon park. It took me well over a month and a half to grid that area out.

This is the Balloon Park area, scroll thru the pictures to get an idea of the size of the place. https://consensusplanning.com/project/balloon-fiesta-park/

I follow the crowds so any big events that are outside I try to be there the following day to metal detect. They have the Summerfest out here, the 4th of July Fireworks displays, Wine Festivals, etc.

That explains it... i am thinking you are out in the desert... or rural areas...etc... heh

OP
OP
Treasure Hunting NM

Treasure Hunting NM

Sep 10, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That explains it... i am thinking you are out in the desert... or rural areas...etc... heh

The only thing I regret is that I have only been doing this for a year and a half. When I was younger my step father took me metal detecting and it didn't stick with me until later on in life when I ran into someone who took me out to metal detect again which was over 30 years later. I can only imagine what I would have found thru all those years if I had picked it up back then.

The two things I have learned is to follow the crowds and you get out of it what you put into it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I regret is that I have only been doing this for a year and a half. When I was younger my step father took me metal detecting and it didn't stick with me until later on in life when I ran into someone who took me out to metal detect again which was over 30 years later. I can only imagine what I would have found thru all those years if I had picked it up back then.

The two things I have learned is to follow the crowds and you get out of it what you put into it.

Better late than never :)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some excellent coin finds for only detecting a short time. It took me 25 years to find my first Morgan, and 10 more years before the next 2 came along. I still haven't found a Peace dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread