OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the find that made me the most happy was the 1824 capped bust half dollar I found last April. I had detected this public land trust for at least three years and gone there a minimum of 50 times. It's over 100 acres and heavily wooded, so detecting there is not easy.

In all those trips, I had found exactly ONE coin there, a wheatie. There were lots of flat buttons and musket balls, but no old coins. I kept telling my girlfriend that there had to be a good coin there because there's the remains of an 1800's mill site on it. Persistance paid off when I dug that coin! Finding it gave me such a great feeling of satisfaction because I was stubborn and just knew there had to be something good in the ground at that location.
NICE going and yoiur correct Persistance usually pays off

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Ocean7 would like to see more pictures of that fossil

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going Ocean7 would like to see more pictures of that fossil
thank you Gare! The other side is just amazing too!

Attachments

• cannon_107b.jpg
    cannon_107b.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you Gare! The other side is just amazing too!
AMAZING what do you think was laying against it to create the design ?

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pa ferns in the swamp that die out every year and then come back in the Spring. We were looking for salamanders under these shale rocks.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the find that made me the most happy was the 1824 capped bust half dollar I found last April. I had detected this public land trust for at least three years and gone there a minimum of 50 times. It's over 100 acres and heavily wooded, so detecting there is not easy.

In all those trips, I had found exactly ONE coin there, a wheatie. There were lots of flat buttons and musket balls, but no old coins. I kept telling my girlfriend that there had to be a good coin there because there's the remains of an 1800's mill site on it. Persistance paid off when I dug that coin! Finding it gave me such a great feeling of satisfaction because I was stubborn and just knew there had to be something good in the ground at that location.
What a tremendous coin!

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
The two on the right are from a fur trade site .. The fox is a pendent and the other is a nose ring or earring. The two cane heads are from in an old RR camp are two of three know to exist so I am told by the so called experts. Anyway I have posted them before and I have had offers to sell. Like Gare I have sold nothing.

Attachments

• 20190525_070205.jpg
    20190525_070205.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00424.JPG
    DSC00424.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC00546.JPG
    DSC00546.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 35

Seakur

Greenie
Oct 2, 2020
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab ExcaliburII -Safari; Garrett Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will admit this is very difficult to answer but I think that finding this fern fossil in the woods overturning rocks gave me the most pleasure because it is so old. (approx 300 million years old). I've had since I was about 12-13years old.
Say Ocean, I don't want to be a downer but these fossil guys are almost always off on their dating.
I mean.. that fern may only be 297 million years old. Just sayin..

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was my best find. She was a real "Treasure" when I married her. I'm not kidding, her maiden name really was Treasure !

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Say Ocean, I don't want to be a downer but these fossil guys are almost always off on their dating.
I mean.. that fern may only be 297 million years old. Just sayin..
Conversely, it could go all the way back to 318.1 millions years ago but maybe it is 'only' 297 million years old. L

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread