Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I spent yesterday in the river again and happened onto a spot that has somehow been missed by other detectorists! This was a really strange spot as there were almost no pull/pop tabs. I think we pulled 4 tabs between the two of us. What a nice change!
All 9 of these rings came out of about a 30 yard stretch of river and in about 1.5 hours time hunting. What an unreal bonanza, and a day I won't soon forget.
First was the black tungsten ring, then the big (size 13) yellow 14k band, then the sterling Celtic band, then the sterling/turquoise ring, then I spotted the 10k white gold band by eye from about 8 feet away. Then John scored his heavy 14k band with the inset diamonds. About 10 feet away from that I scored the wedding set, which I was sure was gold until I got home and spied the 925 marking inside. That puts me at 113 silvers this year so far!
22Aug2022a.jpeg
22Aug2022John.jpeg

Here's the white gold band in about 1.5 feet of water.
22Aug2022d.jpeg

Here's my loot all cleaned up.
22Aug2022c.jpeg

And, of course, the other random finds, including a very small rail spike from the logging days.
22Aug2022e.jpeg

Heading back tomorrow, but not expecting such a lucky hunt. But, ya never know...

Thanks for peeking.

Upvote 36

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I spent yesterday in the river again and happened onto a spot that has somehow been missed by other detectorists! This was a really strange spot as there were almost no pull/pop tabs. I think we pulled 4 tabs between the two of us. What a nice change!
All 9 of these rings came out of about a 30 yard stretch of river and in about 1.5 hours time hunting. What an unreal bonanza, and a day I won't soon forget.
First was the black tungsten ring, then the big (size 13) yellow 14k band, then the sterling Celtic band, then the sterling/turquoise ring, then I spotted the 10k white gold band by eye from about 8 feet away. Then John scored his heavy 14k band with the inset diamonds. About 10 feet away from that I scored the wedding set, which I was sure was gold until I got home and spied the 925 marking inside. That puts me at 113 silvers this year so far!
View attachment 2042964 View attachment 2042966

View attachment 2042967

View attachment 2042968

And, of course, the other random finds, including a very small rail spike from the logging days.
View attachment 2042969

Heading back tomorrow, but not expecting such a lucky hunt. But, ya never know...

Thanks for peeking.
Very nice

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2042967

View attachment 2042968

View attachment 2042969

Thanks for peeking.
Looks like your on a hot spot.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your on a hot spot.
I was surprised that we didn't find a single ring in the 2.5 hours we hunted after lunch. I guess we cleaned it up pretty good before lunch.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That turquoise ring is really neat! Congrats!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that's a nice spike.πŸ˜‚
Dang it you had a great hunt.
Congratulatio
Yep, it's gonna look real purdy in my spike collection. :tongue3:
Thanks Pepper!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That turquoise ring is really neat! Congrats!
Thanks!
That's kinda funny, of all the gold and silver rings I've found, that's the only one my wife has laid claim to. It definitely looks better on.

Attachments

• 0823221905.jpeg
    0823221905.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2042967

View attachment 2042968

View attachment 2042969

Thanks for peeking.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks!
That's kinda funny, of all the gold and silver rings I've found, that's the only one my wife has laid claim to. It definitely looks better on.
Tell her it looks great on her! I'm jealous! πŸ™‚

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds thanks for the IDEA and sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread