🥇 BANNER My Best Water Hunt 1804 AN12 A Napoleon Bonaparte Gold Coin Encircled in 14k Pendant

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D2A75C55-705C-4DBB-9B4E-F73BAB692787.jpeg 0C64B5BA-D8B3-4A82-A967-F809F52EEAF5.jpeg

Charged the Excal2 and said although I have so many chores to do home I have to try again and go back for the sixth time..
This hunt started different with the first target a small medal then a few coins and later this beautiful recovery.After a slow start this season my friends told me to keep trying and I would be rewarded

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 80

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so so much..I hunted many many times and finally I found a gold coin..it’s true my friends here kept telling me to continue to get back and never give up
Take care

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Charged the Excal2 and said although I have so many chores to do home I have to try again and go back for the sixth time..
This hunt started different with the first target a small medal then a few coins and later this beautiful recovery.After a slow start this season my friends told me to keep trying and I would be rewarded
Great find. That must have given you an extra 2 to 3 hours of hunting energy.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. That must have given you an extra 2 to 3 hours of hunting energy.
Thank you..i have a Excal2 with the stock shaft and it wears your arm out quickly..I used to average about four to five hours in the water now I’m lucky to put three in…After a slow start this season I learned to keep at it
Take care and HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you..i have a Excal2 with the stock shaft and it wears your arm out quickly..I used to average about four to five hours in the water now I’m lucky to put three in…After a slow start this season I learned to keep at it
Take care and HH
Try a chest harness with bungie that attaches to detector, it takes all the pressure off your arm and puts it on your chest.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a chest harness with bungie that attaches to detector, it takes all the pressure off your arm and puts it on your chest.
Thanks for the advice I may have to try that method.I heard that the wire connections can get damaged that way but don’t know for sure.Also I think perhaps to get a straight shaft but my wife always tells me that I should not be spending money on modifications ..I’m hoping that a new detector will come out soon and try to convince my wife to allow me to get one

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice I may have to try that method.I heard that the wire connections can get damaged that way but don’t know for sure.Also I think perhaps to get a straight shaft but my wife always tells me that I should not be spending money on modifications ..I’m hoping that a new detector will come out soon and try to convince my wife to allow me to get one
I used to disconnect the box from the silver Sabre Tesoro and float it..It just seemed to me that I found so so much more with that setup

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean mount the controls to your chest, that does cause shorts, hook a bungee between the detector to a chest harness and adjust the bungee till detector hangs just above the ground so all your doing is guiding the coil.

Here is one from Barts Big Boys

Here picture of one I use, picture is from net, not me. Do a search for

Lejermon Metal Detector Harness

Detector Harness.jpg

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mean mount the controls to your chest, that does cause shorts, hook a bungee between the detector to a chest harness and adjust the bungee till detector hangs just above the ground so all your doing is guiding the coil.

Here is one from Barts Big Boys

Here picture of one I use, picture is from net, not me. Do a search for

Lejermon Metal Detector Harness

View attachment 1982827
Thank you now I know better what you mean.this looks like the way to go

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations bill, that is an incredible coin ya got there. A banner find indeed. It is beautiful…
Thank you so so much..after all these years I never thought I would be going home with a gold coin..there were plenty hunts where I would find a couple coins and thought that was good..I was told by my friends here to stay at it and don’t quit and it’s so so true..Best of Luck on your next outing

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you now I know better what you mean.this looks like the way to go
My pleasure, all my detectors are rigged for a harness.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread