My daily "beater" Suburban

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
My daily "beater" Suburban

My girl keeps telling me to get a new 4x4 truck, we can afford it but I love my 86' intensely. I found time recently to do a little more work on the suspension & just picked up these 18inch rims & 33's. Dont look like it in the pic but my truck is lifted around 6 inches from stock, tires lifted it another inch or two, the Queen can barely climb up into it now! :headbang: I got a rule..........if you cant get up into my truck, you walk! (she somehow manages) ;D Im thinkin' a custom front bumper with a winch is in order as well as a new flat black primer paint job! :icon_thumleft: I know it aint much but I LOVE my ol' "beater" 'burban!

Attachments

• beater burban.JPG
    beater burban.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 388
  • beater burban 2.JPG
    beater burban 2.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 394

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Re: My daily "beater" Suburban

Well I sure like it! Those things are great. like driving your living room down the road, the bigger the better! :icon_thumleft:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's a Chevy so it's fine. If you put a winch on the front, you should also find a machine shop or the local FFA boys and get them to make a custom front end guard that ties directly into the frame. That way you can push things out of your way or even knock deer into the barrow ditch with no damage to the vehicle.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My favcorite of the 2 vcehicals I got is my Jeep Cherokee 1990 ! But, I love my van too with it the whole familoy can ride togeather, and my jeep gets me around always put it in 4 wheel an go !

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

RGINN said:
It's a Chevy so it's fine. If you put a winch on the front, you should also find a machine shop or the local FFA boys and get them to make a custom front end guard that ties directly into the frame. That way you can push things out of your way or even knock deer into the barrow ditch with no damage to the vehicle.

I'll fabricate a front end myself, welded directly to the frame. Got it all in my head, just got to find a cheap winch! She has a strong 350 in er, Edelbrock 650, headers...........you'd be surprised at some of the places she has safely gotten me to (and always gets me back home). As big as this thing is it climbs just about anything, it really is an amazing truck. I think it will be a while before I consider buying a new 4x4. ;D

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What's a happenin Darren?

Sweet truck! Looks like something I would like to play with. :D
"if you cant get up into my truck, you walk! (she somehow manages)" That's too funny. :laughing9:
I can just picture her saying, "mumble grumble, you need a new truck!"

Thing are good here. Kids are detecting in the sand and I got out yesterday scouting for a new Confederate Civil War camp for fall hunting. Spiders and Snakes everywhere still.

See ya buddy :headbang:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I drive a '93 Ford Taurus wagon with tree damage and no air conditioning.
Send the new vehicle my way :wink:

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

GopherDaGold said:
I drive a '93 Ford Taurus wagon with tree damage and no air conditioning.
Send the new vehicle my way :wink:

My deepest sympathies Gopher..............we'll see about getting you into a quality GM vehicle equiped with four wheeldrive & air conditioning real soon! :icon_thumleft: ;D

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.

Ride that beast till it :icon_sunny: croaks :icon_sunny:then I would have a engine :sign13: tranny on standby to slap into that thing when the engine did croak. If you like it now you will love that ride in 10 years. The only way I would buy new is if I were buying a totally different style ride like a hybrid etc. Just cause it is new don't mean that you will have a more reliable machine.
Now what do I drive we have 3 rides to choose from the most used is the most fuel efficient 07 prius $21k new next is the 06 scion xb $16k new, and last is a 95 Nissan pickup truck $2k used to abuse.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4-H said:
"if you cant get up into my truck, you walk! (she somehow manages)" That's too funny. :laughing9:
I can just picture her saying, "mumble grumble, you need a new truck!"

I highly doubt that she would grumble, she knows AP too well to even try that.

Fact: If she even taught of making him buy a new truck the following would happen
1- The new truck would be modified another few inches higher than its current position.
2- The consequences of having to run alongside the truck will be most unappealing.
3- AP will take any frustration out by modifying his whole house and the woman needs her bathroom

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

That aint no beater! I see no rust or bent sheet metal :dontknow:.......NGE

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used

My girl can barely climb up into it (I keep telling her to grow longer legs) so now when she gets in she demands that I help her. I open the door for her (like the gentleman that I am) then she grabs the door frame with her right hand, the back of the seat with her left, I place my hands on both of her butt cheeks & PUSH!!! We get some real funny looks but the Queen is a good sport, she takes it all in stride. I'll try to get someone to take a pic of our lil' routine & post it here! :icon_thumright:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, we need a pic of that. Did your ancestors migrate from my home state of Oklahoma? You fit right in with the rest of us. One thing you might add is a plastic Jesus, as in 'I don't care if it rains or freezes, long as I got my plastic Jesus, settin on the dashboard of my car!'. Nice ride, AP.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great rig AP ! A friend had one of them a few years back. I went with him a lot off road in it. A couple of times I almost jumped out , it's amassing what it will go up and over. :icon_thumleft:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nothing wrong with those wheels. My Durango came with 18" tires and I think they are the most expensive tires on the road! And they are hared to find also. I've been thinking about going to another size so I can afford tires! When I did a lot of hunting I never wanted my 4X4 to be too nice on the outside 'cause I was always side swiping a tree or something. And everyone always piled in with muddy feet, etc. I'd keep it just like it is and if it suits you it's fine. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread