My father left me 50 of these gold coins all the same date what are they worth?

Gettintoknowsomethin

Feb 15, 2009
Long Beach CA.
Detector(s) used
$49.99 Radio Shack

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 801
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 800

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Wow, that is a beautiful coin.

All I can say is hold on to them, and do some research. The coin you have is a $5 Indian Head Half Eagle. Looking the coin up on ebay just doing a quick search those coins are on auction for $350 for a single coin, and the auction hasn't ended yet!

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
There isn't a real good answer to your question. Everything depends on condition, the price of gold, and the market. The best thing to do would be to bring a few to at least two coin shops and have them take a look at them. That should give you some sort of an idea. Try to go to at least two though, not everyone is as honest as you are :wink: Good luck, your dad left you a nice little chunk of change.

John

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
50 x 5...... 250 bucks..... I'll give you 275 for 'em ;D

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Have you weighed the coins to make sure the are genuine 1915 gold coins? It is very strange he would have 50 of the same date, and many gold plated copies have been minted over the years privately. Clearer pictures would help, do you have a "macro" or "ditigal zoom" option on your camera<

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Re: My father left me 50 of these gold coins all the same date what are they wor

Take them to a few coin dealers to see if they're genuine or not. If they are, they could be worth QUITE a bit of money.

-Paul

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm going to have to say they are most likely fake. Why would he have 50 of the same gold coin?

Definately have them checked out.

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
Re: My father left me 50 of these gold coins all the same date what are they wor

I hope they're not 1915D. The Red Book says something about these being counterfeit.
The mintmark is on the reverse, to the left of the platform the eagle is perched on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread