My Finds from May 1st to June 5th

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my Garrett Ace 250 keeper finds from May 1st to June 5th. Not shown are the pounds of metal trash that I had to dig in the process of getting them. ha. I estimate that I dig between 15-20 pull tabs, trash, and recyclable brass or copper item for every keeper that I find. Near the middle of the first picture is my first ever Barber half dollar, a 1914-S. To the right of the photo are the two Model T hub caps that I found at the same site. The cleaned, shiny one won First Place in our Central Texas Treasure Club's Find-of-the-Month contest for the Relics category and my Barber half took First Place in the Coins category. At the bottom of the pic are several pieces of iron and brass buckles and other horse tack. In the upper right are several old bullets and shell casings. The best thing about it all was the huge amount of fun I had hunting for and finding it.
Our next club meeting will be on July 5th. Check our website for details.
Central Texas Treasure Club

~Texas Jay

May-June2018 002.JPG May-June2018 004.JPG

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Terry. The Barber half really got me fired up. :) Another member on here was kind enough to send me a beautiful oval half dollar holder pendant so that I can wear it. Now all I need to do is find a nice sterling chain to hang it on.
~Texas Jay

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I see at least 3 rein guides there, you're certainly searching Old Texas! Great finds, and you'll be running out of room pretty soon!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrat on the very nice finds!

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice assortment ! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see at least 3 rein guides there, you're certainly searching Old Texas! Great finds, and you'll be running out of room pretty soon!

Thanks, everyone. The temperature getting to over 100 degrees everyday, lately, is slowing me down a bit but I still get in one or two hours almost everyday, either early in the morning or before sundown. :) Yes, DeepseekerADS, it looks like I'll have to get a bigger table. The rein guides and other horse tack came from the same site in Brownwood, Texas where I found the Barber half and my buddy found an 1893 Indian Head cent using his XP Deus. He also dug a pile of the old horse tack and other iron and brass items there. That pile consisted of 21 pieces. He gave them and about a dozen other pieces that he found separately at the site, to our Central Texas Treasure Club Vice President who is going to incorporate them into some birdhouses he's building so that they can be shared, as reminders of our history, for many years to come. The first photo is of some of the first individual pieces my buddy found and the second is about half of the pile he discovered a few days later.
~Texas Jay

PICT0010.JPG PICT0001.JPG

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will fill your bucket quick