My first 1/2 cent!

Jerry Hull

May 4, 2012
Clayton, Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got time to hunt a property that I've wanted to hunt for a long time. Got permission months ago and today was the day. My first coin was a wheat cent and my second an 1808 1/2 cent! I've never even seen on before until today. Had to Google it for correct ID. Thank you Garrett AT Pro!

After looking at the coin more closely I see it's not an 1803, but an 1808. Not the greatest shape, but the date detail is pretty good.

Last edited:

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats buddy, there tough to come by.....let's see a picture....

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Jerry, great job! Did you find those coins around that house next to the cemetery?
Tale a pic of the 1/2 cent and post it!

Pete

OP
OP
J

Jerry Hull

May 4, 2012
Clayton, Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1808 1-2 Cent.JPG Hey Pete! I finally went over late today to test my inexperience with the Garrett AT Pro. One wheat cent and this 1808 half cent. The 1/2 cent is showing it age, but I think it's in pretty good shape considering it's 204 years old. The property owner was up at the VA cemetery today so I couldn't ask about you guys joining me. If fact I got approached by the son-in-law and he called the ladies POA in Florida who also called her son so they all came over to see what I was doing. After they saw who I was we chatted a bit and the hunt resumed. The guy that lives next to the cemetery has a lot of knowledge about homes that were there that no longer exist. He also told me about the old grist mill. He would be a great one for a resource. Man, that was a sweet lock you found. I'll call you this week as soon as I get a chance to talk to the owner.

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Congrats! That's a sweet find! According to the 2011 Redbook it's worth about $80! I love finding Draped Bust coins. The one's I've found are almost complete toast and almost unidentifiable. Mike and me are looking forward to your call.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread