Mar 20, 2022
Barre, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab:
Sovereign GT
Equinox

Tesoro:
Comparde
I was at my favorite spot today for about 1.5 hours. I was digging solid mid-tones filling up my trash pocket.
Came across this deep broken high-tone. The NOX on multi was broken but rang in many directions; 4Khz was the same.
Changed the gain from 16 to 21 and the high-tone was way more solid all the way around and the NOX said 8" down.
Dug down about 4" and my Garrett carrot on medium gave no joy. Dug another few inches and the carrot started sounding.
Pulled another handful of dirt out of the hole and I could just see the shiny top edge still deeper.
This coin was absolutely on edge at 8", but the NOX at 16 still let me know she was there using the stock 11" coil.

The more I use the Equinox the more I love it. Knowing what I know about the NOX, I'd buy it all over again......

All I need is a Draped Bust Dime and I will have dug every generation of US Dimes ever minted and released.

Happy Hunting.....

barber front.JPG
barber back.JPG

US Dime lineup_1.JPG

Upvote 31

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauties all! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at my favorite spot today for about 1.5 hours. I was digging solid mid-tones filling up my trash pocket.
Came across this deep broken high-tone. The NOX on multi was broken but rang in many directions; 4Khz was the same.
Changed the gain from 16 to 21 and the high-tone was way more solid all the way around and the NOX said 8" down.
Dug down about 4" and my Garrett carrot on medium gave no joy. Dug another few inches and the carrot started sounding.
Pulled another handful of dirt out of the hole and I could just see the shiny top edge still deeper.
This coin was absolutely on edge at 8", but the NOX at 16 still let me know she was there using the stock 11" coil.

The more I use the Equinox the more I love it. Knowing what I know about the NOX, I'd buy it all over again......

All I need is a Draped Bust Dime and I will have dug every generation of US Dimes ever minted and released.

Happy Hunting.....

View attachment 2024512 View attachment 2024513
View attachment 2024517
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for walking us through your approach/thought process regarding that signal. Investigating those iffys can be rewarding

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy Hunting.....

View attachment 2024517
A nice dime. Good job.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big congrats on your first Barber - they are great looking old coins ! :occasion14:

The older you get with Silver coins the harder they are to find because they had real buying power back then.
If you lost a Morgan Dollar in 1900 - it would be equal to loosing approx. $22.00 today.
Capped Bust's are out there for sure, but they are hard to find - you just need the right site and some luck.

Good Hunting !

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A draped bust dime is the one I need too. You've found a cap bust dime? I didn't see that one in your collection.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice recovery, well done 👏

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy Hunting.....

View attachment 2024517
Wow, nice condition! I keep hearing about the Nox...pricey but seems worthy...very cool to have every generation of dimes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread