My first gold ring in 7 months.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today was a fantastic low tide here in NY, a negative .8, I was lucky to be able to get out. The water was crystal clear and relatively warm for wading. I put in a lot of hours detecting mostly in the water, but I'll hit the beaches and woods when my back can handle it. The last gold I found was back in August or September scuba diving off a boat so today I was thrilled to find this 14K 6.9g wedding band. I used my Equinox with a 15" coil and was able to squeak a signal from the trash at two scoops deep, about a foot, after the first scoop I was getting a solid 17 but it took more than 5 scoops to get it out. I just started using the large coil and have to get used to it. This is no longer a swim beach so judging what I know about it the ring was probably lost any time before 1970. Thanks

Attachments

• ND14 2.jpg
    ND14 2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 65
  • ND14 1.jpg
    ND14 1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 34

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was a fantastic low tide here in NY, a negative .8, I was lucky to be able to get out. The water was crystal clear and relatively warm for wading. I put in a lot of hours detecting mostly in the water, but I'll hit the beaches and woods when my back can handle it. The last gold I found was back in August or September scuba diving off a boat so today I was thrilled to find this 14K 6.9g wedding band. I used my Equinox with a 15" coil and was able to squeak a signal from the trash at two scoops deep, about a foot, after the first scoop I was getting a solid 17 but it took more than 5 scoops to get it out. I just started using the large coil and have to get used to it. This is no longer a swim beach so judging what I know about it the ring was probably lost any time before 1970. Thanks
Great find. Gotta love finding gold!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread