My first return...

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
Yesterday was a beautiful day here on the prairie, so thought I'd go swing a bit. I drove up to Canada, only about 16 miles to this little provincial park that's kind of been abandoned. The trees are all changing color, there's a lake, and my 2 companions (my schnauzer twins) can run and dig and chase the ducks in the water, yea right, they just swim into deeper water! Anyway, a slow day detecting, some clad, and I see laying in the sand a wallet. Full of this kid's id, with 2 $50's and a $10 as well as a tooney in it, for a total of $112! Wow, definetly my biggest monetary find!

On the way home I stopped at Canada Customs and told them I found this wallet, the kid was from not terribly far away, and asked if they could look him up in the phone book and call him and I'd leave it with them to return. I called them tonight and they told me they got ahold of the kid and he'll be down to pick it up. Even tho I only found about 34 cents in change, it was fun finding the wallet and making sure the owner got it back.

Happy hunting folks...

Last edited:
Upvote 5

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My sister lives on some land outside of Kalispell. She told me the coolest people live in Montana. I think she might be right...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a super find and return JTS! Karma like that is worth a lot more than $112.00, it's priceless. :notworthy:

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's nice well done. my hat it off to you sir.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, not everyone would be as honest. Integrity, It's what you do when no one is watching. Good Job.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,great story & return,many treasures to follow you:icon_thumright:,,HH

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you deserve a great big "ATABOY" for that.....you don't find many very honest people anymore.........I've seen a lot of them on TNET......congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread