Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a couple hours of daylight after work today so we headed back to the park where Bob got his 2 seated dimes on Monday. He talked me into using the Nox for my first time ever. I headed up the hill from him so as to not be called a bottom feeder πŸ˜„. Before I could get up the hill, he texted me the pic of the quarter and badge he just found. I was feeling discouraged being totally unfamiliar with the Nox. And this part of the park has SO MUCH IRON! We call this part the junkyard. My 4th hole I got the seated!! I couldn't believe it! Also got a wheatie! I think the Nox gets more depth than I have been getting with the Legend. If anyone has a clue what the badge thing is, we are stumped. Happy digging!!

Attachments

• 20230215_185110.jpg
    20230215_185110.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 187
  • 20230215_185623.jpg
    20230215_185623.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 132
  • 20230215_190342.jpg
    20230215_190342.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 27

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats for knocking a Seated off your bucket list!! I think the next step is to get your own Nox, once you get used to it, you'll be amazed at your finds!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a couple hours of daylight after work today so we headed back to the park where Bob got his 2 seated dimes on Monday. He talked me into using the Nox for my first time ever. I headed up the hill from him so as to not be called a bottom feeder πŸ˜„. Before I could get up the hill, he texted me the pic of the quarter and badge he just found. I was feeling discouraged being totally unfamiliar with the Nox. And this part of the park has SO MUCH IRON! We call this part the junkyard. My 4th hole I got the seated!! I couldn't believe it! Also got a wheatie! I think the Nox gets more depth than I have been getting with the Legend. If anyone has a clue what the badge thing is, we are stumped. Happy digging!!
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats for knocking a Seated off your bucket list!! I think the next step is to get your own Nox, once you get used to it, you'll be amazed at your finds!
We got 2. I just never tried it. I hate learning new machines! πŸ˜„

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always great post’s thoroughly describing the days hunts.
Congratulations on the nice teamwork and recoveries
Thank you Bill! Have a great day!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the nice Seated dime. My first Seated coin was also an 1891 dime. Great find.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the beautiful Seated and other great finds !

I really like hunting in Iron infested areas - hides the good targets from other people :laughing7:

Last edited:

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wonderful finds.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I totally understand, but, at least in my own experience, it has been SO worth it!
You might be right! I'm going to try to learn it for awhile!

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the beautiful Seated and other great finds !

I really like hunting in Iron infested areas - hides the good targets from other people :laughing7:
True but so frustrating. I swear it is nothing BUT iron covered with a bit of dirt. πŸ˜„

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread