Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211025_164038.jpg

Discovered my first skull and crossbones embossed poison bottle today! Was beginning to think these didn't exist since I've gone so long without finding one, well that's all changed today - and just before Halloween too!
20211025_195711.jpg

Here's a pic of it with the sunset behind.
20211025_195627.jpg

And here it is very shortly after liberation from the ground. I was at first concerned, as it was still corked, that there could be deadly poison still inside like strychnine or cyanide so was relieved to see it was just Tincture of Iodine. Note the glass applicator still attached to the rubber cork. All in all a fun hunt, this was the only thing found today to warrant mention, the only other find being a single wheat cent in abysmal condition.

Upvote 35

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a sweet find UnderMiner. I would love to find one of those. Congrats hope you can find more like that. Maybe even a Cobalt one. How old do you think it is?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1987198
Discovered my first skull and crossbones embossed poison bottle today! Was beginning to think these didn't exist since I've gone so long without finding one, well that's all changed today - and just before Halloween too!
View attachment 1987201
View attachment 1987202
And here it is very shortly after liberation from the ground. I was at first concerned, as it was still corked, that there could be deadly poison still inside like strychnine or cyanide so was relieved to see it was just Tincture of Iodine. Note the glass applicator still attached to the rubber cork. All in all a fun hunt, this was the only thing found today to warrant mention, the only other find being a single wheat cent in abysmal condition.
That's Cool!!! Congrats!!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1987198
View attachment 1987201
View attachment 1987202
Wow first time I ever saw one..very nice Indeed

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a sweet find UnderMiner. I would love to find one of those. Congrats hope you can find more like that. Maybe even a Cobalt one. How old do you think it is?
Thanks! According to my research it's 1940's-50's.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty cool bottle and appropriate for Halloween timing! I love that you still have the topper stopper!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1987198
View attachment 1987201
View attachment 1987202
Awesome find...

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1987198
View attachment 1987201
View attachment 1987202
Very nice find of an awesome bottle!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1987198
View attachment 1987201
View attachment 1987202
Great looking bottle, congrats!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bottle, I found one just like it this summer in an old outhouse pit in Colorado. I'm glad the stoppers didn't disintegrate!!! Mine had a little liquid in it still!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread