Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got around to making a trip across the pond. We timed it so that we could make Detectival. Although I didn't find anything at the event, it was a pretty cool experience. We met lots of detectorists from all over and we hooked up with a FLO who agreed to help us find places to hunt for the remainder of our two week trip.
Before I left the U.S. I got it into my head that if I could find at least one Roman coin the trip would be a success and a fibula would be icing on the cake. About 5 days into the trip we got on a field that the locals said produced more Roman items than anything else. However, they said it had been hunted a lot. We hunted it two days and I found my Roman coin, fibula and more! I ended up with 12 Roman coins the fibula and a bronze Roman ring!
By the end of the trip and 6 or 8 fields hunted I also had a handful of 1600s-1800s coins and buttons. The UK guys were not impressed with those but I like them! I even found the little pin with our flags together in the car rental parking lot. Fitting for this trip!

Roman Relics.jpg

England Finds.jpg

Upvote 11

cronk

Sep 27, 2022
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQX800, Legend
That's pretty sweet! Have you ID'd any of those bronzes? They look like they're in better shape than many of the uncleaned Romans from the Balkans I've purchased over the years.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty sweet! Have you ID'd any of those bronzes? They look like they're in better shape than many of the uncleaned Romans from the Balkans I've purchased over the years.
Not yet. I don't know much about Roman coins. One of the guys I hunted with said they were from the time of Constantine?

cronk

Sep 27, 2022
Indiana
Detector(s) used
EQX800, Legend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread