🥇 BANNER My First US Gold Coin!

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
It took almost 40 years but I finally found a US minted gold coin.

I put my small coil on the Equinox 800 with the intention of working an area that is laden with square nails, deteriorating cans and junk. Never got there. As I was crossing a dry creek I got a solid 20 on the VDI and thought I'd be digging a lead bullet or something of that nature.

QTR Eagle Site.jpg

I was absolutely floored when I dug what certainly looked like gold through the dirt.
QTR Eagle Dirt (1).jpg

And oh man it was!
QTR Eagle Edge.jpg

It just doesn't seem real after digging thousands of square nails, shell casings, rivets, buttons etc. etc. I've found silver coins and some cool relics but never a US minted gold coin. My life is now complete. Ha!
QTR Eagle fnt.jpg

QTR Eagle Rev.jpg

Upvote 225

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It took almost 40 years but I finally found a US minted gold coin.

I put my small coil on the Equinox 800 with the intention of working an area that is laden with square nails, deteriorating cans and junk. Never got there. As I was crossing a dry creek I got a solid 20 on the VDI and thought I'd be digging a lead bullet or something of that nature.

View attachment 1984885

I was absolutely floored when I dug what certainly looked like gold through the dirt. View attachment 1984883

And oh man it was! View attachment 1984884

It just doesn't seem real after digging thousands of square nails, shell casings, rivets, buttons etc. etc. I've found silver coins and some cool relics but never a US minted gold coin. My life is now complete. Ha!
View attachment 1984881
View attachment 1984882
Congradulations on the gold coin and 40 years!

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be a good time to let you guys know how the new banner system works. Any "like" on the first post of this section raises the "vote" score on the right of his post by 1. Also you can just vote directly by clicking the up arrow.

In other sections without the vote button, we are just going to use the number of positive reactions as a guide for banner finds.

I'll be doing a write up on it soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread