🥇 BANNER My First US Gold Coin!

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
It took almost 40 years but I finally found a US minted gold coin.

I put my small coil on the Equinox 800 with the intention of working an area that is laden with square nails, deteriorating cans and junk. Never got there. As I was crossing a dry creek I got a solid 20 on the VDI and thought I'd be digging a lead bullet or something of that nature.

QTR Eagle Site.jpg

I was absolutely floored when I dug what certainly looked like gold through the dirt.
QTR Eagle Dirt (1).jpg

And oh man it was!
QTR Eagle Edge.jpg

It just doesn't seem real after digging thousands of square nails, shell casings, rivets, buttons etc. etc. I've found silver coins and some cool relics but never a US minted gold coin. My life is now complete. Ha!
QTR Eagle fnt.jpg

QTR Eagle Rev.jpg

Upvote 225

TheDirtKing

Mar 5, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex +
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Patriot
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nov 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I put my small coil on the Equinox 800 with the intention of working an area that is laden with square nails, deteriorating cans and junk. Never got there. As I was crossing a dry creek I got a solid 20 on the VDI and thought I'd be digging a lead bullet or something of that nature.

View attachment 1984885

I was absolutely floored when I dug what certainly looked like gold through the dirt. View attachment 1984883

And oh man it was! View attachment 1984884

It just doesn't seem real after digging thousands of square nails, shell casings, rivets, buttons etc. etc. I've found silver coins and some cool relics but never a US minted gold coin. My life is now complete. Ha!
View attachment 1984881
View attachment 1984882
Incredible find! Congrats! Also, great looking pictures.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1984885

I was absolutely floored when I dug what certainly looked like gold through the dirt. View attachment 1984883

View attachment 1984881
View attachment 1984882
Amazing great job

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it’s a 2 1/2 piece…you have GOT to be one of the luckiest &#&$*#er $@$#($#ers on the planet. But!….if you hunt the right areas for that long, chances just keep getting better, though it’s no guarantee your number will ever come up. Your number has officially come up! Absolutely outstanding banner find.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1984885

View attachment 1984881
View attachment 1984882
congrats!

thormchammer

Dec 14, 2021
Timbered regions of the PNW.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is absolutely amazing! I see you are in Oregon on the Nor Cal border. I am there too, and judging from the vegetation in your photos, I am guessing we are pretty close to each other. I am a total newbie, with no equipment, but some decent leads on virgin areas if you are interested in teaching.

Jeff(or)

May 17, 2007

View attachment 1984885

View attachment 1984881
View attachment 1984882
what a great find! enjoyed the pics, thanks for sharing!
jeff

OP
OP
winslow

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
OMG Winslow, such an amazing find. I just experienced that feeling also, having found its baby brother a couple weeks ago here in Colorado. The feeling you get once you realize what is staring back at you is indescribable. Congratulations to you on an incredible find. Cheers.

View attachment 1989152 View attachment 1989153
That's an awesome find Dirt King! I used to live in Colorado Springs.

RabidCaveman

Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900
Bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1984885

View attachment 1984881
View attachment 1984882
Wow!!!

cmart63

Aug 11, 2013

View attachment 1984885

View attachment 1984881
View attachment 1984882
This is absolutely awesome. Dahlonega GOLD !!!!. When I first opened your post and saw the surrounding wooded area, I said to myself "this looks like the woods in Georgia". Also, the terraces -or what appears to be- look Native American or pre-NAmerican. It almost looks like an old trail. Huge congratulations on your find!!! Carl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread