My Garrett APEX Found A Hoard Of Medallions And A Gold Ring Today! It just doesn't get any better Then This!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Hit the jackpot today on the North Saskatchewan River . The river has really been shallow recently, so I spent the afternoon metal detecting in the water. I found a hoard of old medallions, scattered throughout an area. Some were as deep as 10 inches. It was a struggle to retrieve them, especially in the current, but a lot of trial and error got me 13 so far. I know there is more out there. And, to add to this excitement, I also dug up a man's wedding band.

Here's some of the medallions, and the gold ring, valued at $105.69 CAD, at todays spot gold price.

Here's the remaining medallions. It's a real puzzle trying to figure out how they got there? There is a University near by, and judging by some of those medallions, there must be some connection. I am going to contact the university and see if they might have some insight to these? Were they stolen and dumped? Did they accidently fall out of a capsized boat? Someone out there knows about these. Any guesses out there on their age?

Here's last weeks flour gold haul. I will probably shut down my highbanking activities, as it is getting cold, and we have already had some snow.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds!! Wonder how they ended up in the river?

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an angry wife job to me! Throw his [delete] in the river!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Cool finds!! Wonder how they ended up in the river?
Good question.....one general area was mostly I was finding them was mostly baseball medallions. Then, further downstream there was a substantial increase in variety. I am not sure if they were thrown out there, or spilled from a capsized boat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions