My LRL find a target again 400 feet away

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fellows

I like to show pictures of what I found yesterday with my home-made LRL. I inserted inside the chamber of my LRL an Indian Head 1900 and I found at 400 feet away a copper stop valve. Of course, it could be a coin, but that let me know the dowsing works as long you know how to use it.

Reliquia encontrada.JPG LRL.JPG valvula de brass.JPG

OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper does not rust. It can turn green, green/blue or green/brown. What you have is rusted. Hence iron on your sample whatzit.

OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copper does not rust. It can turn green, green/blue or green/brown. What you have is rusted. Hence iron on your sample whatzit.

Again, I don't think you're right. I has seen copper very rusted get out of the ground including Lincoln cents. If your statement is in base to prove that my LRL does not work, argue with somebody else. I have 30 years using LRL and MFD as hunter and always I find stuff with dowsing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had nothing to do with LDR. Take a small tack hammer to it and see if it's rust. Rust will chip off easily. Or stick it in some "Iron Out" or a similar rust removed. It won't hurt any metals otherwise. I frankly don't care about tech. I was looking at the item you found. Nothing more.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Again, I don't think you're right. I has seen copper very rusted get out of the ground including Lincoln cents. If your statement is in base to prove that my LRL does not work, argue with somebody else. I have 30 years using LRL and MFD as hunter and always I find stuff with dowsing.

I mean it’s possible for there to be rust on it if there is iron on it. Or if it’s say...copper coated and the copper is worn off. But Smokey is right. Only Ferrous Metals can rust.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the handles on those faucets were copper, I think they were cast iron so it would be rusty.Great that your machine is finding you some targets.

OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the handles on those faucets were copper, I think they were cast iron so it would be rusty.Great that your machine is finding you some targets.

People, you have to understand today, the most metal that coming to the market are alloyed with other metal, i.g. gold, silver, copper, etc. Most gold ring of 12K, 14K, 18K are alloyed. When you find a ring with your detector, your detector identify gold and another metal conductivity. The same happen with copper. Maybe that handle is not at all copper, but it has something with copper on it or around.

With 30 years using MFD and dowsing, I have no any intention to BS in this place just to support a hobby or method of search.

Last edited:

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had similar Dowsing experiences. On one homestead I was dowsing with L-rods using Silver to signal with. I signaled one target and dug a terribly rusted knife. There was no Silver visable. It was either Silver plated at one time, or the Iron used to make the knife wasn't pure. Another example, I was out Dowsing by the Manistee river near me, using Gold to signal with. I had a target that didnt signal being a Meteorite, so I followed the signal line to the Gold.. Within a mile from where I signaled from was my target. It was the old Iron bridge, called Harvey bridge, built in 1906. When Dowsing with Elements, all targets with that Element react. Even if it's only Trace. The Iron used to make the bridge wasn't totally pure. Gold in trace amounts are in the Iron matrix. If I was to check, other Elements are probably in the matrix in trace amounts. Like Silver, Telleride, Copper. Just because it's not visable, doesn't mean it's not there.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a matter if your LRL worked, you dowsed something it could be what you sensed just not the metal you sensed.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your LRL is working great, i checked your picture, its hitting buried metal, you are on the right track, 99% of LRL will locate air signal, not buried metal yours, is locating ground signals, best i seen on a long time, don't Leason to no believers, you are doing it right. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yet you think copper rusts. Rust is Iron Oxide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread