My Mad Mining Drywasher

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hi all,. I just bought a Mad Mining drywasher,. I believe this is a great machine !! Revolutionary ? ,. yeah, I believe it is .
I'll take this story back about a month or so,...I made it out on a one nighter,.. My friends , Jerry & Walt where to work the P.L.P. booth at a Temecula Valley Prospectors event ,held on the sleepy bear mine [active commercial placer mine], near Randsburg Ca. ,. Great event!!
As planed ,. we meet Bill of Mad Mining there ,. about 3:00 we headed on over to Bill's camp . I'll digress a bit here ,.. Jerry , just a week or two before ,. had told me about this crazy "new" drywasher he had just seen/used . Try as he might ,. he described this machine ,. "uses a electric motor ,. but ,.no you do use a gas blower" ,.. finds lots of fine gold ..""?? Hell,. I'm game , I'll throw some dirt on a man's "new idea".
At camp ,. we meet a few others ,. and Bill had a few of his "new idea" machines there,. and there was dirt to be thrown ,.
The material To be worked,. could be described as loose sand/gravel ,. shovel ready, for the most part . On an incline ,. we "toed in" the drywashers and started shoveling ,... believe at a +1 yd/hr rate ,. most runs where near half yd or so. The machines ran great , the fluid bed looked great . Hell,. even the dust stayed low ,. maybe from the lower amount of air used ,and/or the high frequency vibration ,. which feels more like a "hummm.." anyway it's a nice feature .
And yes ,. we found a bit of gold ,. Infact I'd say we found a lot of fine gold . But the area has a lot of fine gold ,. and one can always get some ,. but not a lot .
jpg.gif
DSC09854crrs.jpg (306.8 KB)

The tray & riffeles & other Au. traps . The tray is nice , tall sides ,. easy to remove ,. you can even just idle down the blower, pull the tray , dump it , slap it back in and away you go . In the first pic . you can see maybe one "revolutionary idea" ,. it's for sure some thinking "outside the box". The perforated plate is over the cloth ,. this should save the cloth from wear a bit ,. but each hole acts like a mini gold trap ,. well black sand for sure .
jpg.gif
jpg.gif
DSC09837rs800x450.jpg (190.4 KB)

This unit uses a 12v motor for vibration . It runs at 4500 rpm [?] and draws 1.2 amp at start up and runs at .5 amp . this "high frequency" vibration, maybe the key to fine gold recovery ?? this motor is mounted under the hopper ,. and I'm sure it helps with the problem free feed .
jpg.gif

This unit folds up nice and tight , and easy set up with four pins ,. and has 3 settings for hopper/feed rate . so., all around a great machine

there you go ,... Blindpig

Attachments

• DSC09854crrs.jpg
    DSC09854crrs.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC09867crrs.jpg
    DSC09867crrs.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 706
  • DSC09837rs800x450.jpg
    DSC09837rs800x450.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:

Thurman

Aug 27, 2014
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BlindPig,

Nice post. I was not able to open the .jpeg photographs. I am no whiz with the computer but usually have no problem. Maybe the photos are the ones shown on your post. What I was wondering is if Mad Mining is selling these drywashers and if he has a web site. Nice, nice looking machine. Wondered if the vibration of the hopper transfers down to the riffle tray? It seems Mad Mining was posting back in 2011, living in Hawaii.

Again, thanks for the post and great photographs.

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hi Thurman ,yeah the 3 pic,s in "attached thumbnails"are the ones I tryed too insert. Yes , there sell'n them, ..there just finishing up another 20 of them . The Mad Mining web site realy sucks, only has a few things on it ,.. the drywasaher isn't one of them ! . Believe bill said they have about 85 items ,I think there all made here in the U.S.A ? Also they make commercail mining items . Bill has some great ideas, and seems to be a good fellow ,.just his web site sucks .. thanks Blindpig

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The primary means for a company these days to market product line and professional image is through it's web page. A poorly constructed site or even worse, one that isn't attended and updated gives me a negative vibe instantly.

OP
OP
blindpig

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Good point & sound advice there Hard Prospector . Hope He does something about it ,. I'd like to see what else he has !!

Thurmen I reread your post here ,. and yes ,. the vibrations do transfer though the box and tray,. feels like a "HMMM" ?

Also added a few pic's here one is a better view of the perforated plate over the cloth . I watched the black sand dance & spin about in them ,. I assume the gold goes down these "rabbit holes", maybe popping up now & then ,. or slide on down to the riffle ?? the other pic ,. is of a pinch of fine gold [.1 gram] on a dime . there is a lot of this stuff in the area ,. this machine does a fine job getting it .
THanks ,. Blindpig

Attachments

• DSC09823rs800x450.jpg
    DSC09823rs800x450.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC09919cr619x609.jpg
    DSC09919cr619x609.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 280

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any way you can get that righteous offset elliptical motion(think panning action) going rocks.Makes me proud as PESCO invention back in 81 and now industry gold standard for dry recovery COOL. Still much prefer the addition of air BUT much quieter and less dust is safer for sure. To bad no followup-John

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Mad Mining version is NOT a 12v Puffer correct?
I see no motor or bellows, but just asking anyway.

Does Mad mining make a bellows version? I will email them with that question.

Looks like quality stuff.

Muley

Jan 25, 2011
almost so.cal.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Soverign, SD2200D, ATX, Goldbug 2, Whites GMT, GB2.
I have looked for the website and on ebay and I find nothing anybody have a contact information for Mad Mining?

Lefty2u

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Muley

The last time I was in Cal Gold West in West Covina, Ca
They had a
Mad Miner dry washer for in the store. I know Bill but he's hard to get a hold of

Lefty
That's an old post maybe out of business now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread