My New Predator Tools Little Eagle Shovel

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats more the ticket... larger one... weld a kick on back and your good to go.
Yeah at it's not pricey and some detector is on their saying how he uses it in Florida and its the best.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually i zoomed in and saw that "lip" on it... it doesnt need that... and would hinder it... the teeth are a bit much as well... but the shape is all right.

Teeth need to only be on upper half... smooth lower.

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Didn't see any teeth on it..

Fiskars Steel D-Handle Flat Square Garden Spade, Gardening Tools for Edging, Digging, Weed Removal, Heavy Duty, 46 Inch, Black/Orange​

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys want the best ... IMO... digger that is not a scoop.

Go to your box store... spend 40 on one of these... and another 15 -20 on a handle of your choice...
then cut to desired length and apply handle with nice stainless.
Handles are in many forms of materials if you shop around.
4 inch width... 3 inch width... with built in kick plate.
There is a myriad of types in the "trenching" arena... some are really bad arse.

320inch20shovel.jpg
C_SS64024.MAIN (1).jpg

razor-back-shovels-1537300-a0_600.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you read the last sentence in the description?? Here it is "Do NOT use as a lever "
I bought one of the short ones from their 2018 catalog an love it.. I haven't had any problems at all, but then again I don't try to move 2 ton stones with it either.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used those (Blue Razorback with the long socket) and there stout!

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hand made in the USA *N.J. actually); I think it is a detectorist shovel that will last for as long as you will ever still metal detect. I ordered the Predator Tools Piranha today. Wasn't certain which one would best suit me, and I had it narrowed down to 3. Spoke with Pam, and with information from her (she and her husband are metal detectorists too), I decided on this one.

They have switched primarily to FedEx shipping, as it is now the least expensive option. I'm only one state away, so shipping was under $20.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear on the cost that $95US + $50 US shipping + taxes + exchange is now $200.00 for me to order that shovel.
Now I'm dishing the quality by any means-buy once and be done with it in life.
I bought a shovel some years back, had a local guy cut the blade down, add pedals. All in $60 total cost (Shovel $40-work $20)
Though it is a tad heavy.
12" blade, 8" across at top, sink it in, pry down, stomp, large pug comes up.
Getting a little worn on the edge tip from slamming it into foundation stones that happen to be buried. View attachment 2064109
Pepper that's a nice looking shovel , Thanks for sharing

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What a nice USA made tool I received in the mail today. Chrome molly 4130 heat treated tempered steel weighing in at 2 lbs. 2ozs. Not too big and easy to carry in hand while detecting yet very sharp with good leverage. Recently I bought their Model 85 hand trowel digging tool on sale and discovered their product quality. I was actually having trouble deciding which shovel to purchase from their excellent lineup. Now in hand I feel as though I made the right choice.

This is my first metal detecting shovel. I usually wear a nylon belt with trowel and pin pointer in holsters. I liked the idea of being able to quickly switch hands while detecting. But the belt is annoying and the trowel requires muscle in the woods while stooping over. Going to mount my pointer on the detector shaft with a coil tether.
I have one of those and find it makes me a good crutch! Seriously, I have a hard time standing up after digging a target and that T handle makes it possible! Good Choice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread