Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you can skip this if you want cause I'm just wanting to brag and show this off. I got a 12 foot canvas bell tent and tried it out in Utah this week. I always thought canvas was better suited for my part of the country but man tryin to find anybody who sold one was somethin else. Pretty cool. Has four windows around the bottom wall, vents on the top, and you can unzip the bottom wall all around for more ventilation, which would be handy cause canvas can get pretty warm when the temps are high. I put my propane heater in there and for once Maria didn't complain about bein too cold.
5-31ddd.jpg
5-31aaa.jpg
5-31ggg.jpg
6-1ggg.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice my friend.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I would have done better if I used the tripod, TR. I just freehanded it.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No fly needed, newnan man. It's canvas, and first thing I did was spray it down with water and let the sun dry it. That tightens up the fibers and makes it more waterproof. It was rained on twice in Utah and got a good rain yesterday down by Cottonwood Lake where I'm camped at now, and no leaks. You have to make sure it's completely dry before folding it up and storing it cause canvas will mold. They make them bigger than this one, 16' and 20'. This one is big enough for us. I can get the whole thing set up in about 20 minutes.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok you can skip this if you want cause I'm just wanting to brag and show this off. I got a 12 foot canvas bell tent and tried it out in Utah this week. I always thought canvas was better suited for my part of the country but man tryin to find anybody who sold one was somethin else. Pretty cool. Has four windows around the bottom wall, vents on the top, and you can unzip the bottom wall all around for more ventilation, which would be handy cause canvas can get pretty warm when the temps are high. I put my propane heater in there and for once Maria didn't complain about bein too cold.
View attachment 2087207 View attachment 2087208 View attachment 2087210 View attachment 2087211
Real cool tent. Much lighter than a wall/cabin tent, made of same material, right?
And, much more stable in wind - the Tepee design is efficient. Lots of protection from elements for sure...!:icon_thumright:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had an old canvass tent as kids. It had a pole inside. Camped in the backyard in the summer. It always smelled musty. Good times though.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same material eyemustdigtreasure. I can't find anything that tells me what weight canvas it is yet. The whole thing weighs 56 pounds, so it ain't a backpacker. I was out the last 4 days and got rained on pretty good 3 of those, and no leaks. One thing to remember, canvas must be completely dry before storing it, so I'm back home and have mine spread out to make sure it's dry. Too much direct sunlight is not good on canvas either. I'll only ever be out about 3 or 4 days twice a year so not a problem for me.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You’re a real camper ginn. I used to camp in a tent with my wife and loved it. Then I made the mistake of renting a motorhome for a weekend. After that, no more tents for my wife ever again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions