My response to Simplex os better than Equinox

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta just had a big push of sponsoring guys on YouTube, might be why so many are in the fog...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Video!:occasion14:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I’ll take a multi IQ and F2 Minelab over single frequency machines any day for the type of beach hunting I do.

Just the view from my sandy foxhole....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll take a multi IQ and F2 Minelab over single frequency machines any day for the type of beach hunting I do.

Just the view from my sandy foxhole....

F2? You talking about the mine detector?

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the guys that tried pushing the Simplex over the Anfibio has gone back to the Anfibio. No video I have ever watched on the Anfibio or Simplex has come close to the depth I get on my Knox. Still pulling coins from 9" and plus, haven't seen the competitors bust the 7".

OP
OP
Minelab Matt

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've even offered the Equinox bashers who are claiming that the Simp[lex is better and deeper than the Equinox £200 cash if they can come to my local beach, bury some coins in the wet sand and beat the Equinox.

None so far, apart from silly comments that I'm jealous coz I don't own a Simplex...lol.

Yeah, a person that owns a Ferrari is gonna be jealous over someone who has Just bought a Ford Focus...lol.

Matt

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally agree with our findings, however, rather than pseudo-replicating a Simplex on an Equinox, it would have been a fairer test to have actually had a Simplex to use........and out on the beach for a real life comparison. Add the Vanquish, AT Pro, and Deus and really get the hate mail! :laughing7:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having the Equinox and the Simplex i can say that the Equinox beats the Simplex on depth at the beach on wet sand. On normal soil i also did some tests on normal clad and silver coins and i got the same depth with the Simplex as the Equinox. Some coins the Simplex got a better signal then the Equinox and for some other coins the Equinox got a slight better signal.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
same old story , the latest and greatest is the best ever .you better toss your old machine and buy this one because they are junk now . detectors are regulated by the government same as as radio's transmitters and receivers they only allow so much power and it hasn't changed , only thing that different is configuration and filters and the design of coils .Use your head and learn what you already have and save your money , don't be lead down the buy the newest or your gonna miss all those coins and the other guy is going to get them ....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

In a wet salt beach, the Equinox with multifrequency will beat the Simplex hands down, that's the main advantage of the Multi IQ technology.

On land the answer is not quite as straight forward. Equinox and Simplex will likely get similar raw depth but may differ in how stable the target ID will be, that could go either way depending on a lot of variables.

But depth is not everything. Equinox has variable recovery speed and can likely beat the Simplex on target separation in high density junk situations.

The Simplex is a great detector for the money but arguing about which is better is always going to be subject to interpretation, the specific detecting siuation, and conditions at hand and user bias. In other words, a no win argument. And frankly, who cares but the person swinging the detector and by then the buy decision has already been made.

Single frequency VLF induction balance detector technology is not getting any better just cheaper with more bells and whistles. Multifrequency tech like that used on the Equinox has some advantages in salt and high mineralization but for 90% of land detecting we are really talking about splitting hairs at this point as far as performance is concerned. The bang for the buck is huge with Simplex and Vanquish. Are they "better than" Equinox. Probably not, but I think they could give the venerable AT Pro, F75, or MXT a run for their money.

Ultimately, it really comes down to how much overall detecting experience the user has and how well the user understands the machine they are swinging. Differences in technology and features in modern machines really don't matter as much as people think they they do for 90% of detecting situations. You are not going to play like Tiger Woods just because you are using his golf clubs. And the Simplex "clubs" are a hell of a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

treasureguy56

Mar 31, 2019
Half way Between Perry and Owosso Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210 , Tesoro Golden Sabre , CZ5 , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all tend to swear by the Machine we've put our time and Money into .
Its just natural and I tend to agree with Jason in Enid " Less competition "
Let em believe what they want

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a wet salt beach, the Equinox with multifrequency will beat the Simplex hands down, that's the main advantage of the Multi IQ technology.

Single frequency VLF induction balance detector technology is not getting any better just cheaper with more bells and whistles. Multifrequency tech like that used on the Equinox has some advantages in salt and high mineralization.

Multi-frequency has more going for it in the overall.

It's never a fair comparison to compare a single frequency machine to a multi-frequency machine.

Multi frequency has been the greatest innovation in detecting since ground balance.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Whether I use a multi-frequency or a single frequency detector my finds all seem to look the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread