My small paper currency collection

miamilatin

Jul 19, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon everyone. Just wanted to share my little collection. This is my first year collecting paper currency so still very green. I got some $20 star notes, some 4 in a row and 1 5 in a row and some trinaries. Got a $5 star, a few $1 stars and some $1 trinaries and some 3 in a rows. Still looking for some error or really fancy notes. Stay safe everyone and HH!

Attachments

• 20221207_095345.jpg
    20221207_095345.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • 20221207_095606.jpg
    20221207_095606.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 20221207_095234.jpg
    20221207_095234.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 45
OP
OP
M

miamilatin

Jul 19, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the two Star $20 bills. Why the rest?
Hey Michael! For the $20, the ones on the left are "Trinary" notes (i know, not very valuable but they seem cool to me) :) and the others have either 4 numbers in a row or 5 in a row (again, not very valuable but seems cool) :)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
a fun bill collection is by the color of the seal.... green of course, but try red, blue, and brown also.... then go DEEPER!

OP
OP
M

miamilatin

Jul 19, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a fun bill collection is by the color of the seal.... green of course, but try red, blue, and brown also.... then go DEEPER!

Yes!!! Right now im just getting some stacks of $1 from the bank, $20s from the ATM and the rest from change but as far as the red,blue, golds etc., I think I will have to buy those or get extremely lucky at the banks or at a garage sale.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might get lucky at the bank. I have found all but gold seals at banks. Many red (United States Notes) and blue (Silver Certificates) and 1 $50 brown (National Currency). The teller said she almost didn't take it because she thought it was counterfeit, but knew I'd know. She was relieved when I told her it was real and she let me buy it for face value.
Almost every week, they have questions for me about money. A couple weeks ago, one platform guy came over and asked if I knew anything about bearer bonds. He found $900 in NYC transit bearer bonds from 1941 in his parents house and didn't know how to cash them in. I looked online and found the information and emailed it to him.

Scott

OP
OP
M

miamilatin

Jul 19, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might get lucky at the bank. I have found all but gold seals at banks. Many red (United States Notes) and blue (Silver Certificates) and 1 $50 brown (National Currency). The teller said she almost didn't take it because she thought it was counterfeit, but knew I'd know. She was relieved when I told her it was real and she let me buy it for face value.
Almost every week, they have questions for me about money. A couple weeks ago, one platform guy came over and asked if I knew anything about bearer bonds. He found $900 in NYC transit bearer bonds from 1941 in his parents house and didn't know how to cash them in. I looked online and found the information and emailed it to him.

Scott
SWEET! I think i would crap my pants if I found anything other than a green seal from my bank notes.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the fun thing is that they all look the same too, but are issued by different authorities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread