My summer totals

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
Hunted in Mallorca coves for about 10 days, I was there the whole month but had trouble with the excal because I hit the coil against a street lamp.
Somehow after several days drying and giving bad result when air testing, tried it in the water in PP and it worked just fine...go figure.
Well got
2 gold rings, one white, about 6 grs
6 silver rings
1 silver bracelet
1 silver earring and one silver bear
About 79 euros.

All in water up to my neck.

I will be sending the unit for checkup this winter, to have it ready for next year!
Best hunting to all

Attachments

• image-3158120501.jpg
    image-3158120501.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 179
  • image-4291988339.jpg
    image-4291988339.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 154
  • image-3581325252.jpg
    image-3581325252.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 157
  • image-3799050343.jpg
    image-3799050343.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 184
  • image-1006727441.jpg
    image-1006727441.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 157
  • image-2606188767.jpg
    image-2606188767.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
Mallorca used to be a nice hunting spot, before an army of Bulgarians and Romanians arrived ;)

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on some great finds what exactly was happening to your excal when in discrimination

SnT

OP
OP
Nutriasub

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Yeah, I keep finding east European coins too...

I don't know, the excal would pic up cons, or gold, only the copper covered 5 cent coin...missing all the rest.
But in PP, it was doing really well, and mostly very smoothly

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
Yeah, I keep finding east European coins too...

I don't know, the excal would pic up cons, or gold, only the copper covered 5 cent coin...missing all the rest.
But in PP, it was doing really well, and mostly very smoothly

what area of Mallorca have you been to ?

I did Magaluf this year and met a crazy british guy with excl 1000, he seriously considered that long beach to be his property

OP
OP
Nutriasub

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
I have tried all kinds of beaches, some with better results...
I don't like magaluf or palmanova, always machines working them...

I talked to a older hunter last year, and he told me before the crisis the beaches where full of gold...

Yes, some of those Brits have been hunting there for so long, they think is theirs...hahaha

Where did you hunt this year?

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
I have tried all kinds of beaches, some with better results...
I don't like magaluf or palmanova, always machines working them...

I talked to a older hunter last year, and he told me before the crisis the beaches where full of gold...

Yes, some of those Brits have been hunting there for so long, they think is theirs...hahaha

Where did you hunt this year?

Magaluf and Palma Nova, huge mistake.

7 days holiday yielded €230 in coins and very little jewelry.

never again

ACduCE

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Mallorca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
New to this site-Mallorca is totally tapped out as of Nov.2014. A slavic dude cleaned out 25 miles of beaches from Pollensa to Porto Colom hunting everyday with an ExCal. He has video on YouTube. The tourist beaches from Maguluf to Aranel swarm with locals starting just before sunset and at daylight hitting the beach chair areas for coins to buy cigarettes and wine while in the water it's like the posts say about some old Brits that work it every day. I have actually seen old men running on the beach to get ahead of the pack and these are geezers who are loaded with dough. There are so many detectors working that the tourists feel intimidated. One old Brit actually had a heart attack and died in the water at Palma Nova this year while detecting. Also, styles have changed and gold is not that popular or in style probably due to it all being sold when the price was skyhigh so its diminishing returns on the beaches, also, as mallorca is totally serviced by air and jewelry is such a hassle to get thru security it's not coming onto the island as it was before 911. In the last three years I have noticed a marked decline in quality pieces being replaced by the occasional gold or silver band or lightweight chain or bracelet and with the price of silver being what it is a silver 5g. 92.5 band is worth about what a 2Euro coin is worth after exchange. If you look closely at the photos you can see that a lot of the silver is extremely tarnished giving evidence that this is old stuff that has been in the water for an extended period of time and was not lost this season. At Maguluf lighting has been put up because of the high rape/crime rate so a lot of the previous activity that took place on the beach that contributed to lost items has been curtailed. I have worked areas frequented by Spanish beachgoers off the beaten tourist tracks and did ok until the previously mentioned Slavic guy arrived in 2012-13 but now it's hoofprints and scoopholes. Also in Sept.-Oct. metal detecting clubs from the UK, Scandanavia, etc. come in group and swarm the beaches in skirmish lines that equal the beach cleaning equipment in scouring the beaches for whatever the locals(this includes the Eastern Europeans) have possibly overlooked. This last summer I did less than 2 oz. of gold and most of that 10-14k. (I hunt in the water everyday and a lot at night, probably 250+ times a year) with no really significant pieces. So that's the deal, too many hunters, not enough to go around.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
. A slavic dude cleaned out 25 miles of beaches from Pollensa to Porto Colom hunting everyday with an ExCal. He has video on YouTube. .

AC if you have the link to the video please post it for us.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Nutriasub

Look on the bright side, I counted 11 rings I know only two are keepers but you averaged a ring a day in the scoop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions