My take on Oak Island

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I haven't watched the TV series for several years now. Please someone tell me if I have missed any thing of importance.
My take on the whole story is there never was any treasure, never any 90 ft stone, oak platforms, etc. The whole story was invented by those who wanted to get investors money.
As time went on the story got bigger and bigger and I have no doubt that some of the searchers were sincere in their beliefs.
In other treasure stories like the Lost Dutchman gold mine people like "Crazy Jake" made a very good living spinning stories and getting investors.
In fact, Rick and Marty have made tons of money spinning out the Oak Island story. But never finding any treasure.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen an episode in about a year and before that was another year I think they found another nail

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on Oak Island is the story is true starting with the boys finding a rope on a tree branch with digging below and cover over. I would ask those who are non-belivers, if there no treasure buried, what was the reasons men dug water traps for nothing? I agee the brothers found no treasures, but, frame and fortune. There is buried treasures there, in the money trap, but, one or more treasure hunters just dug and move the land all over. Also, the treasure will never be recover due to the water traps and the expenses. Even a future president search for it. Good hunting and good luck. Not for me. I only search for pirates buried treasures in Connecticut.

jose159

Jul 15, 2021
SW Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wonder that if they really do find a vast treasure or priceless religious artifacts....will they actually show it on tv or just end the show for security reasons?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched season two and three but my wife forbade me from watching any more because she was afraid I would shoot the TV when the inane narrator spoke.

So I come here to keep up with the non-events on Oak Island.

Last edited:

jose159

Jul 15, 2021
SW Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched season two and three but my wife forbade me from watching any more because she was afraid I would shoot the TV when the inane narrator spoke.

Ha ha ha. I still watch as they are still finding artifacts that are hundreds of years older than we can here in the US.. even though it?s not treasure

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wonder that if they really do find a vast treasure or priceless religious artifacts....will they actually show it on tv or just end the show for security reasons?

When and if the Lagina's find a large treasure it will not be on Oak Island. They have dug enough holes already to find enough treasure to fill Fort Knox ten times over. A fair price on the relics they have found so far is valued about $2,000 and that is for the old coins found by GARY.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They might need to end the show for the security if they find the Ark of the Covenant - for fear of bringing down fire and brimstone. But the unanswered question is: "What if they have a robot open it with cameras capturing the opening?". They could probably rebroadcast that without bringing down fire and brimstone on the audience.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They might need to end the show for the security if they find the Ark of the Covenant - for fear of bringing down fire and brimstone. But the unanswered question is: "What if they have a robot open it with cameras capturing the opening?". They could probably rebroadcast that without bringing down fire and brimstone on the audience.

ROTLA-mcquarrie-etch_8.jpg

I heard this will happen...

Gods-Wrath.jpg

Or maybe they did find it and open it

1*cLSxT5AwMI_-LOGlfEXCFw.jpeg

And Covid-19 was released into the world...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anything was found the Canadian government get it if it has "historic significance"

Probably why much treasure gets found in the world and no one hears about it. Most countries the government owns it...

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

I heard this will happen...

attachment.php

Or maybe they did find it and open it

attachment.php

And Covid-19 was released into the world...

Nah! We all know Dogs conspired amongst themselves with unleashing Covid....And we thought they was just howling and backing at the moon? No they was conspiring....:tongue3:

Too many masters was sitting on their asses not walking them.:dontknow:

Now with Covid dogs grinning from ear to ear as legions of people are exercising walking their dog as excuse to be out during Lock down.

Woof Woof and we thought we owned them! :tongue3:

Crow

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah. Dogs don't have the organization; and if they ever turn on mankind we deserve it. Now cats, on the other hand . . . .

Last edited:

Fossils

Oct 25, 2019
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there was ever anything of interest on Oak Island, it's now long gone. Since then it's just been a hoax that's a couple hundred years in the making. Like you said, all the things that were "found" -- The "Ninety Foot stone", logs, box drains, etc, were likely just fabricated to keep investors interested. People digging in the money pit as far back as 200 years ago had the perfect incentive to make up finds -- they either had to show some proof of progress or lose their jobs.

As far as the show goes, it's been running for 8 years (!) now and the Laginas have found literally nothing to prove the existence of any treasure. They've dug a few overly hyped-up colonial finds but those are to be expected in any old region of Nova Scotia. The only real gold to be found is in the Laginas' pay checks -- and they know it. At this point they're just keeping the show running as long as possible because it's profitable for them.

If anything, the Oak Island show did solve the mystery: There's simply no treasure there. Eight years of filming and nothing has been found, and nothing will be.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only wish the boys who found the rope dug and recovered the treasures. It would be the end.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if there no treasure buried, what was the reasons men dug water traps for nothing?

NATHANIAL: "Crap, every time we get past a certain number of feet, the hole keeps filling with water!"

JONATHAN: "It's gotta be booby-trapped flood tunnels!"

NOAH: "Or maybe it's because we're on an island? And we're digging a deep hole literally a few dozen feet away from the ocean?"

NATHANIAL & JONATHAN: "Shut up Noah! It's an insidious, unnecessarily-complicated, near-impossible to construct (much less dig back up later) system of flood tunnels and coconut fibers!"

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hm-36r2.jpg

Attachments

• hm-36r2.jpg
    hm-36r2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 79

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wife Unhappy?

Now you too can bring home The Bouquet to your loved and cherished one's

attachment.php

Nice Ship....lets put some Hemp in that sail....follow the cross across the lake....haha that cunning.

attachment.php

"Look at all those fabled Natural Striations, honey"...."wow one looks like a heart shape", she says....(triggers the 'kiss me baby, I love you' sort of thing).

attachment.php

The fact that this whole area was carved into an array of rock pictographs is amazing....almost every rock and point of view are marked....there are even stones that show you where to stand to view the objects to look for, and a map that points at the troves in Vermont on the other side of the lake.

There are two locations pictured here and the map was separated into two sections from the lines made in the layout of the painting. The amazing accuracy is noticed and is then used to map the general areas to look for.

When the original Mormons from Oak Island/Nova Scotia and Vermont decided to pull a fast one on the rest of the people in the New England area, telling everyone that they found "Golden Tablets" in the hills of NY they were trying to inspire a mass of religious zealots to take off for the hills that are holding some gold deposits. The Mormon Hidden Treasure Tale is a funny tale that has a lot to do with these specific troves. But the image of the Arc of the Covenant is one of the most impressive ones, holding descriptions of the vault where the "treasure" lies....as the parchment reads....and he is there dead.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NY LAKE ARROW 2 Poussin.jpg
    NY LAKE ARROW 2 Poussin.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 175
  • NY Heart Poussin.jpg
    NY Heart Poussin.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 178
  • NY HOOKED X.jpg
    NY HOOKED X.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Ark Photo.jpg