Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Lammi

Greenie
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a matter of fact, I do have a few updates.
Back phones: I have completely abandoned them in favor of WSA II XL for most work and Tony Eisenhower headphones for anything where the coil is under water. The. WSA II XLs are the best wireless headphones I’ve used…tone quality, clarity, noise blocking and just overall performance. Tony’s have a well deserved reputation as being among the best custom made wired headphones available.
Shaft: a bit wobbly in the water. I’d much prefer a pure carbon fiber design and I’m working with Steve Goss on this concept. His shafts are excellent and the design he’s developing will be collapsible just as the stock Deus shaft. It will be a winner I’m sure.
Performance: I’m very pleased and impressed with the D2. So much so that I sold my CTX and my Equinox 800s have gone into retirement while my Excal II has become a museum piece! 😂
I’ve developed my own set of custom programs for just about all conceivable situations. Most custom settings are a matter of personal preference as I’ve found that the base programs upon which they come from are truly excellent.
Bottom line: This is the best detector I’ve ever used….period. 😀
I concur with everything you’ve said
was really surprised how fast the learning curve was , able to go through complete menu by second day with ease
Building programs very easy
Love the build , much better quality than equinox, and a fraction the weight of CTX
My Excalibur too is a museum piece
Still modifying programs as I learn how much I can push setting and machine stays stable
But learning it much faster than I did CTX
Still think CTX is awesome but don’t see it going out much because of how well the Deus 2 performs
Sold equinox
I think we will see other really good machines coming out in next year can’t wait
Want new technology backup Lol

Jup51

Greenie
Jul 2, 2011
Back phones: I have completely abandoned them in favor of WSA II XL for most work and Tony Eisenhower headphones for anything where the coil is under water. The. WSA II XLs are the best wireless headphones I’ve used…tone quality, clarity, noise blocking and just overall performance. Tony’s have a well deserved reputation as being among the best custom made wired headphones available.
Shaft: a bit wobbly in the water. I’d much prefer a pure carbon fiber design and I’m working with Steve Goss on this concept. His shafts are excellent and the design he’s developing will be collapsible just as the stock Deus shaft. It will be a winner I’m sure.
Performance: I’m very pleased and impressed with the D2. So much so that I sold my CTX and my Equinox 800s have gone into retirement while my Excal II has become a museum piece! 😂
I’ve developed my own set of custom programs for just about all conceivable situations. Most custom settings are a matter of personal preference as I’ve found that the base programs upon which they come from are truly excellent.
Hi Dan,

Would you mind sharing your custom settings/programs? I had to put my CZ21 into retirement after 10+ years of use (it had an unfortunate fall). I'm not used to having a screen and "customized" settings. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Hi Dan,

Would you mind sharing your custom settings/programs? I had to put my CZ21 into retirement after 10+ years of use (it had an unfortunate fall). I'm not used to having a screen and "customized" settings. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
I'm always happy to share those settings....for what they're worth. PM me your email address and I'll send you a spreadsheet but please keep in mind this advice/caveats from my foxhole:
1.) ANY Predetermined settings serve ONLY to get you in the ball park. It's then up to you to pick the best seat.
2.) These settings are nothing more than a starting point from which you must make adjustments to fit your particular environment and specific situation.
3.) Many of the individual settings listed in that spreadsheet are merely personal preferences. The factory programs from which they come are based mainly on frequency weightings to best serve various detecting environments/situations and are very good in and of themselves.
4.) These personal settings of mine are certainly not magic formulas for guaranteed success by any stretch.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Dan,

Thank you
Just to interject an important tip: The Deus II will return a somewhat different TID depending on the base program you use (and the particular frequency bias that it uses) so be sure to actually check the items that you intend to use discrimination and/or break points on. What works for one program may not work for another.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Well said. I look forward to a pair of WSA ii XL's. Unfortunately, T.E. headphones did not work for me. I used them on my NOX, they would hurt the ears after a couple hours. May be my head is huge. As for Steve, we hunt a bit out here in OK. Great guy, enjoy his company. That wobble with the 11" is too substantial for a comfortable day out in the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread