My True Treasure Tale - Long, but the Whole Story.....

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Tim, I am the OP, I am still alive, I still live in Florida. Yes, bulk sale, yes, one individual, no questions asked, all cash deal. Many regrets, we've all made mistakes, yes, I made mine. I try to not dwell on what I done, but what's done is done. I'm an old man now, I just got over it, time takes care of regrets. I still metal detect when weather and a good location and health present itself. Yes, this is a true story, it is now, and will always be, my find of a lifetime. Yes, I do regret disposing of "the harvest" in the way we chose to all those many years ago (going on 20 years). I probably received 1/100th (if even that) of what they were worth individually or at auction. 1000+ coins, 1 single hole, all copper, all silver, all gold, zero clad.

I'm glad my story has inspired others to get out and use their metal detector. Private out of the way areas and overgrown edges of fields near long gone structures, stumps and odd looking depressions, even an out of place brick, bottle or post could possibly have a backstory someone didn't want made public and buried their secret. Nobody knows what's buried underground. I know for a fact the area of the pitfall had been detected many times before over the decades. Use your youth and get out there and swing that coil !

I'm old now, sorta bad health, and I hope my story continues on long after I'm gone.

Always HH
Tim.....aka Night Stalker

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading this years ago & saw the pictures then. Truely an amazing story.

Tim has anyone ever been back to the site to look for a possible 2d stash?

Have you found any more history of the site (without giving the location away)?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am Tim, I am the OP, I am still alive, I still live in Florida. Yes, bulk sale, yes, one individual, no questions asked, all cash deal. Many regrets, we've all made mistakes, yes, I made mine. I try to not dwell on what I done, but what's done is done. I'm an old man now, I just got over it, time takes care of regrets. I still metal detect when weather and a good location and health present itself. Yes, this is a true story, it is now, and will always be, my find of a lifetime. Yes, I do regret disposing of "the harvest" in the way we chose to all those many years ago (going on 20 years). I probably received 1/100th (if even that) of what they were worth individually or at auction. 1000+ coins, 1 single hole, all copper, all silver, all gold, zero clad.

I'm glad my story has inspired others to get out and use their metal detector. Private out of the way areas and overgrown edges of fields near long gone structures, stumps and odd looking depressions, even an out of place brick, bottle or post could possibly have a backstory someone didn't want made public and buried their secret. Nobody knows what's buried underground. I know for a fact the area of the pitfall had been detected many times before over the decades. Use your youth and get out there and swing that coil !

I'm old now, sorta bad health, and I hope my story continues on long after I'm gone.

Always HH
Good to here from you, and yes the inspiration for me is real !! Thank you sir for this awsome story !! Good luck and God bless !!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Always HH
Tim, I was just a teenager when I discovered your story. I was wide eyed and full of excitement for many years thanks to that and have now many treasure tales and adventure stories of my own. I am also getting old now, and the fun and excitement of finding things is waning. There is much less time now for treasure hunting as work and family now take that time. But I am so happy to have had your story in my youth when it mattered most, when I had all the time in the world.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Nightstalker for coming back, re-visiting the thread, and letting us know how you're doing.
I read it years ago when I first joined but never saw any images (Rats and double Rats). An incredible tale and so glad you're doing well.

I was just thinking of this thread last week and didn't think I'd ever see it again since I couldn't remember the title, although I had remembered the morel mushrooms. LOL

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Always HH
Didn’t you buy an American muscle car and move to the good state? Do you still have that car? Believe it was blue if I remember correctly?

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Always HH
Amazing story thank you for sharing it

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I have read this many times, and its get better every time.
i get just as much of a kick from the comments.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are the pictures ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions