my vacation to Tallahassee Florida

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down to visit an 'old' friend in Tallahassee I hadn't seen in 20 years (well, I'm old.... she's not), and since she had to work part of the time I went metal detecting in the city parks and at FSU.
I'm moving down there as soon as I retire!!!!
In MO there are friggin' rocks EVERYWHERE. 8 out of 10 times you hit one of them instead of the treasure when you probe. In Tal, I hit a rock maybe 1 time in 10!!!!!! And the ground was soft and sandy. Other than cutting thru little grass roots sometimes it was a breeze!!!!
I knew it would be a good trip when I found a $20 bill on the ground at the gas station we stopped by after leaving the airport......

While detecting (among other things) I found a pocketful of change, a couple FSU keys, a couple gold rings (one was my friend's that she had lost three years before..... I found it at the edge of the flowerbed near her mailbox....see below), a medical alert necklace for an FSU student (what is "Trilateral Seizure Disorder?), a dragonfly made from metal wire and marbles and a medal for the 4H Public Speaker of the Year (sponsored by Tropicana).
I'll try to get the pics on here ASAP.
I LOVE it down there and can't wait to go back. Next time I'll zip down to the coast and hit the public beaches.
I just wanted to say you have a beautiful state and maybe I'll see some of you TH'ing pretty soon............ at least I HOPE to!!

10958_22_01_08_7_28_30.jpg

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got the pics off my lady friend's camera of the dragonfly made from marbles and wire and the 4H/Tropicana medal:
10958_04_02_08_2_39_32_2.JPG

10958_04_02_08_2_39_32_0.JPG

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Great finds, thanks for sharing. Tal would be a fine place to retire. I have about the same digging conditions where I live but not as much sand.

HH,
Linda

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as long as there aren't more rocks than dirt it would be a vast improvement over MO, Linda!!! ;)
Thanks for the comment and HH to you too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread